𝟛𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕙𝕠𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕩 𝔼𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕤

Ophelia had found herself upstairs in the Marauders dorm the morning students were due to leave

Ophelia had found herself upstairs in the Marauders dorm the morning students were due to leave. Whilst she had been sat in the common room reading, a deep yell coming from the boy's side of Gryffindor tower ruined her stride. The yell? It was because Sirius had used the last of James' shampoo. Out of pure amusement, Ophelia took herself upstairs to their dorm and enjoyed watching the argument front row. After a few minutes it subsided but Ophelia chose to stay, meaning she had no reason to pack just yet.

"James Fleamont Potter, if someone told me I was going to say this to you in September I'd have one hundred percent argued I must have been under the imperious curse." Ophelia was now curled up with James on his bed, his arm resting around her shoulder. "But I am not under a curse and I am definitely speaking the truth."

"Come on then, tell me." James responded, excitement evident in his voice.

"Coming to Hogwarts was possibly the craziest and scariest change in my life. I know I haven't told you everything about my past and I can't thank you enough for not prying. But from the moment we finally became friends, even after our explosive start, my life has been so much easier." Ophelia could feel the smile growing on her own face whilst she said these words. "You've been by my side helping me when you didn't even realise you were, damn you even got me a teddy that has actually helped my sleep!" Ophelia leant into James' chest more. "I will miss you so much and I'm so glad to call you my big brother, even if I am older by a couple months."

A silence followed Ophelia's confession, the only kind of response Ophelia had was a tightening grip from James. Worried she may have overshared her feelings, Ophelia slowly turned her head to the side to see James' true reaction.

James had hoped by tightening his grip he could withhold the water threatening to spill from his eyes. It didn't work. Hearing those words from Ophelia meant more to him than even he had expected. As ridiculous as it sounded, James truly felt that Ophelia had been brought into his life for a reason; actually she had been brought into the Marauder's life for a reason. Never before had he seen Peter so confident in a time of crisis until they had to help Ophelia, never before had he seen Sirius stand up for someone against him and never before had he seen Remus smile so soon after a full moon. Ophelia was a gift that could never repaid and James couldn't ever see life without her.

"Merlin James, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." Ophelia chewed on her lips nervously, feeling worried that she upset James whilst also feeling unexplainably happy. Remus and Sirius seemed to have heard Ophelia's final comment so stopped their last minute packing to check on their friends.

"No, you didn't Fi. You made me so god damn happy." James leant down a planted a kiss on Ophelia's cheek. "You're the best sister I could have ever asked for."

"Well at least we know how James will react if Evans ever says yes." Sirius called over from his side of the room, earning laughter from all the boys and a shake of a head from Ophelia.