Chapter 29: And The Bomb Blows

Katya laughed at the box Maya brought into the living room. As promised, she got to pick the activity for this afternoon, and for some reason, she always picked Monopoly. 

''Out of all the games you could have picked, you always pick this one. Why?'' Katya asked when Maya pushed the coffee table out of the way and sat down on the rug, taking the lid off the box. Liho lay on the couch, opening one uninterested eye before going back to sleep. Lazy cat.

''Because you losers always lose,'' Maya smirked when the two Russians took their respectful places on the opposite side of the board.

Natasha raised a playful eyebrow at Katya. ''Did she just call us losers?''

Katya hummed, patting her knee. ''I think she did, babe.''

''Game on, then.''

''I will get some drinks while you set this up," Katya chuckled, standing up. "Maya?''

''Lemonade, please,'' she answered without looking up. She was always extremely precise with setting up the board.

Katya nodded, her hands on her hips. ''Nat?''

''Also lemonade, please.'' She looked up at her with big, innocent eyes, slightly mocking Maya with her childish tone. Her eyes shone and a smirk lay on her lips.

''Mom, that's mean,'' said girl complained with a laugh, throwing a banknote in her direction that whirled down hopelessly before it could reach her.

''Yes, babe, that's mean," Katya scolded her with a playful glare. "Tell her, Maya.''

Even in the kitchen, she could hear them talk. Not exactly what they were saying, but the lighthearted tone and the jokes. With a smile on her face, Katya poured the drinks, a warm feeling in her chest.

Balancing the three drinks in her hands, she walked back into the living room to see Natasha and Maya still playfully bickering. Outside, the sun had made way for dark clouds, but it didn't rain yet. A couple drops could fall, but at the vote tonight, it was supposed to be dry. 

All their tokens were already on the board. Maya was always the rubber duck, Natasha the cat, and Katya the race car.

Liho had also decided to get off her ass. Well, partially. She changed locations and now lay next to Natasha, on the other side of where Katya always sat. Her black fur was hard to make out against the brown rug, but the white line up her nose told Katya where her head was and how she lay. Her tail hit Natasha's jeans from time to time.

''Right. So do I need to check my money or did you give me the right amount this time?'' Katya laid down on her stomach, in the same position as her wife. Reaching out, she rubbed her hand over Natasha's back a couple times, the redhead throwing her a smile.

''I told you that last time was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose,'' Maya protested, setting up the last things before they could start.

Katya hummed skeptically, rearranging her money. ''That's what they all say.''

''Doesn't matter. You'll lose anyway, even if you do have the right amount,'' Natasha shrugged innocently, but she couldn't stop the corners of her mouth from betraying her teasing tone. Over the board, she met Maya's hand in a high-five, both of them chuckling at Katya's frown.

''I feel so bullied in my own house,'' Katya pouted, jokingly burying her face in her hands. An arm wrapped around her and pulled her against the woman next to her, a kiss placed on her hair. Perking up, Katya lifted her head and caught the next kiss with her lips, causing Maya to scrunch up her nose.

''Not in front of me,'' she whined, although she secretly loved how they looked at each other. Her comment only made the two women smile and keep going just to tease her. ''Mom!''