Chapter 4 - h's mind and niel

Harry's POV
     I get to class only a minute late and I quickly take a seat next to my best mate Niall. He looks at me curiously as if he wants to say something but he just keeps quiet. The teacher starts class and I try to pay attention. I sure as hell did not do a good job at it as my mind wandered almost immediately. It seemed to really enjoy the topic of Louis Tomlinson right now so I just let it play out.

Louis Tomlinson. I mean the lad's attractive no doubt about that but AM I attracted to him? Definitely not, I like girls and only girls.

I sit up and scan the classroom to see if there's any girls I find cute or interesting. I see a few that I'd maybe fancy but honestly they're not as cute as Louis. Wait, why did I just think that?!

I wonder if Louis likes girls. I guess the safe bet is yes but I wish he liked boys too. Then at least I would have a shot. Hold up did I seriously just? Oh god. Anyways I might not even be his type, that is if he even likes boys. I frown a bit at that thought. I did make kind of a crappy first impression but I guess I'll just have to make up for that.

I just have to be myself but so far I've gotten so damn nervous with all the stuttering and blushing. It's not fair, really. I mean usually people are like that around me but I've never experienced it myself until now. And it sucks.

So overall, maybe I am intrigued by Louis Tomlinson but that doesn't mean I'm into him or into guys right? I don't even really know him that well but I think I'd like to.

Fuck this is all too much. I throw my head into my hands. I'm just overthinking things. I'm sure when I see Louis later everything will be normal. I will be normal.

"Harry," I hear a little leprechaun whisper.

I look up from my hands and to my left. I see Niall with a super concerned expression. He hands me a note and I quickly open and read it.

"Harry, are you okay mate? I didn't see you in first and you've been spacing out this whole period. I'm worried. What's up? Love, your Irish princess Niall :)," I smile at the note.

It's sweet that Niall was worried about me. It's nice to know someone cares and has my back. Niall and I have been friends since 7th grade and so he always knows when somethings wrong. Nothings really wrong right now but now I know I was definitely being too dramatic for my own good.

I rip a piece of paper and write, "Yes, everything's fine. I overslept so I was late and then I was showing the new kid around so I was even more late. Thanks for asking though, you're so sweet. Love you!! - H."

I hand the note to Niall and watch as he reads it. He looks up and smiles seemingly satisfied with my response.

"We'll talk after class," he mouths to me and I nod to show I understand and that I'm down to talk.

- :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :)

The rest of class consisted of me blocking out my thoughts, mostly of Louis, and trying to concentrate on the lesson. Niall pulls me aside after class with a big smile on his face. I can't help but return the smile, his positivity is so contagious.

"Harry!" he exclaims and gives me a big hug, "I missed you so much," he fake sniffles.

I chuckle and pull away, "Mate it's literally been a few hours."

"I still missed you," he states.

I roll my eyes jokingly, "I missed you too."

He smiles and we start walking to our next classes, "So tell me, how was the new kid?" he asks wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Don't give me that look," I chuckle, "Anyways, he was really cool. I think you two would actually get on really well."

"Is that so?" Niall asks and I nod, "Well how did you two get on?" he smirks.

I blush a little, well actually a lot but I try to hide that from Niall, "What are you getting at?"

"Nothing," he puts his hands up defensively, "I'm just asking if you two got on you know. So how did you two get on?" he smiles innocently.

"We got on well Neil," I purposely say his name wrong and laugh as he cringes at the mispronunciation, "he's actually pretty fun and funny. He's really easy to get along with and to just be around. He's a bit sassy but he's still really nice. But yeah I don't really know him that well but this is just what I've gathered so far."

Honestly after Niall's question it was like I just went on autopilot. I literally couldn't stop myself but at least I didn't mention how insanely beautiful Louis is. Generally speaking of course. Like everyone knows he's attractive but I'm not attracted to him. Yeah I- yeah.

"This is what you've gathered from some random classmate already?" Niall looks shocked.

"Louis is not just some random classmate," I find myself saying, I must still be on autopilot.

"He's definitely not if you actually learned his name," he grins.

"Hey! You know that's not fair. I try really hard to learn people's names but it's like every time they say it I mishear them."

Niall laughs, "Oh I know H."

I smile, "That's why I have you Niall," I wrap my arm around his shoulders, "you're so good with names. You just go ahead and give me all the names I need."

"We're the most perfect best friends!" he beams, "Except for the fact that you always try to steal my food. No one comes between me and food, got it?" he points to me and I nod furiously.

We stare at each other slowly breaking and then bursting out into laughter. People give us some weird looks - fuckers - but I just ignore them, enjoying Niall's company way too much to care about what they think.

"Back to Louis though," he says and I roll my eyes, "you can't throw me off that easily Styles. Anyways so he's not just some random classmate?"

"No," I answer way to fast so I add, "I mean we talked a little bit right and we made plans to hangout at lunch. Oh! And also I'm going to be showing him around Holmes Chapel, you know because he's new."

"Huh," Niall says curiously, "well I guess I'll just have to meet this Louis than," he smiles.

We stop at my class because it's closer than Niall's, "Sure, like I said I think you two would get on really well."

"Not as much as you and him," I think I hear him mumble but I just ignore it.

"I'll see you at lunch mate," I try to say goodbye but he looks so much like a sad puppy, "you can meet Louis than Niall."

He lightens up immediately at that, "That's so soon! Exciting!" he exclaims.

I chuckle at his enthusiasm, "See you than mate," I give him a quick hug and make my way into my class.

"I miss you already!" he yells which I respond with blowing him a few kisses that he eagerly catches and puts in his pocket.

I take a seat at the front. Usually I wouldn't, but I'm hoping this will encourage me to actually pay attention and not have thoughts about you know who. Louis Tomlinson. Shit! I'm already doing it again.