Extended Details

*This book was previously on another account that belonged to me, but I have moved it to this account for sakes of convenience.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soulmates. The word itself sounded like a soft singing of a song bird, smelled like a fresh summer breeze and just felt like the most perfect thing in the world.

The phenomena first started back in 1953 with the first reported soul bond, a presence bond where literal sparks flew whenever the two would have skin to skin contact. Since then, there have been over 100 sub types of bonds, and even then, not all bonds reacted in the same way. Currently, each soul bond fits within one of three domains.

First, there were the temporary bonds. These bonds only occurred the first time two soulmates made skin to skin contact. The amount of time that the bond type lasted for could range anywhere between 30 seconds and a week. The longest reported temporary bond lasted 2 months before fading.

The second type of bonds were the presence bonds. Whenever two soulmates had skin to skin contact, their soul bonds would activate. Unlike temporary bonds, presence bonds occur every time soulmates touch and can possibly last for a given time after contact is ended.

The third type of bond are permanent bonds. These bonds are activated upon initial skin to skin contact and remain permanently after contact is ended.

Ever since the soulmate bond phenomena occurred, scientists from all over the globe have come together to learn more about what may have caused this. Their results were quite surprising.

In 1954, scientists discovered that a supernova in a neighbouring galaxy released sub atomical particles now called novaquarks towards the earth that travelled faster than the speed of light. Being a massless particle, the existence of these particles were almost impossible to detect, but scientists conclude it may be a possibility that the supernova that released these particles may not even have happened yet due to Einstein's theory of relativity and how novaquarks travel faster than the speed of light.

The novaquarks bind to the cells in a human's nucleus and can alter DNA patterns. However, scientists have also found that DNA changes don't occur unless in contact with an external cell from another person where the novaquark's frequency is identical.

While the scientific community generally calls these connections frequency-nova bonds (more commonly nova bonds), but the more popular name soul bonds is used.

While some think if these bonds as purely scientific, ongoing research has proved that people who pursue relationships with those they are bonded to are 46% more happy than those who don't, and divorce rates are significantly lower, with only two cases of soulmate marriages ending in divorce. Perhaps this is the universe's way of matching the best people together.

In June of 2018, soulmates have now existed for almost 70 years. The first bonded soulmates are now known worldwide for standing up for soulmates and helping those without a soulmate finding the one they are destined to be with. Most have accepted the fact that soulmates were simply fate's way of choosing your best match, and nearly everyone met their soulmate before the age of 35 (most common being between 20 and 25 years of age). World statistics show that 80% of the whole population finds their soulmate before age 25, and the earliest reported soulmate bonding occurred at age 18.

Once two people have bonded, it has also been proven that those two people have to remain in close contact or else your body will start going through symptoms close to those like withdrawal. Some scientists hypothesize that contact with your soulmate can act as one of the strongest drugs by acting as an agonist for dopamine.

~.*.~

Astra Hill is a 20 year old student studying at the university of Toronto. She is majoring in neuroscience, but also is taking a side major in music. Even in university, she consistently gets top of her class, and always aspires to be like her parents who are researchers studying the nova phenomenon (or soulmates).

Her parents knew eachother throughout all of high school without ever realizing they were soulmates. They went to a medium sized high school in Edmonton, Alberta and still live there to this day.

On a school trip in their senior year, the two of them and a group of their classmates went to Seoul, South Korea. It wasn't until halfway through the trip before they accidentally brushed hands and experience a temporary light bond, and I guess the rest is history. Till this day, they still live happily together, setting an example for the younger generation.

Perhaps it was destiny, maybe even fate when a family vacation to Korea brings Astra even closer to her soulmate. But it all starts with a simple plane ticket, and a BTS concert.

~.*.~

Thank you so much for clicking on this story! I hugely appreciate it. Yes, I am hopping on the soulmate AU train, I think I have ran out of ones I like reading so why not create my own. Honestly, my writing probably sucks, but I guess ARMY will read anything nowadays. I will do my best to keep a concise story line, and keep my writing interesting.

As part of my writing, I also want to make it clear that this is a clean book (aka no swearing or sexual scenes). I want to write something that focuses more on storyline, so, while I may hint at things that people think or do, I will never outright write it down. This is why I am focusing more on the plot line, (but it may take a while to get into it).

I can't promise consistent updates. I am a university student, and university takes up A LOT of time. Any other students out there, I feel for you. I am also writing several other stories on this account, an as you can see I update inconsistently. So sadly, that means this one will be slow.

Also, Story cover is made by ME. So please don't steal, thanks.

Enjoy the story!

-Em