Chapter 6

Once I pulled into the gym parking I reached into the backseat and grabbed my red nike gym bag

Once I pulled into the gym parking I reached into the backseat and grabbed my red nike gym bag. Looking down at my iPhone the time said 2:30. Thinking that I should leave around 3:30 I hurried and exited the car not forgetting to lock the doors. Entering the large gym, I scanned my membership card and went straight to the bathroom to change. Peeling off the black jeans and white crop time I put on a black, orange, and white Nike pro set. Folding the clothes neatly at the bottom, I grabbed a second bag with my shoes and slipped them on my feet.

Exiting the bathroom with my bag I approached the treadmills, setting the bag on the right side of me, I connected my airpods to my phone and started my playlist putting it on shuffle. After skipping a few I found one I liked then set the settings on the treadmill. Pressing the small multiple times until it got to the number 11, placing my phone in the small compartment I started my slight jog. 24 by IDK started playing as I focused on my breathing exercises.

After running at a steady pace for about 15 minutes I upped the speed to 18 and continued for 10 more minutes. Slowing down my pace I got ready to get off the treadmill. Eventually getting off I grabbed my coldest water bottle from a sponsorship and took a couple of small sips as I made my way to the weights.

Glancing around the crowded gym I locked eyes with someone that looked familiar. You know like when you know someone but don't know where you know them from, this is what feels like. Not wanting to waste time I broke eye contact and looked for the weights that I usually use. Setting a timer for 10 minutes and setting my phone down gently and grabbing the weights I started my workout.

I finished all the sets and got ready to leave but the person I was looking at earlier approached me. As he got closer I noticed it was the person from the park earlier today. I subconsciously tried to speed up to avoid confrontation, but it was too late. He stepped in front of me causing me to look up into his dark brown eyes. A little bit of sweat dripped down his arms causing his tattoos to look even more attractive. Noticing I was staring too long I cleared my throat and looked outside the glass windows behind him.

Looking back at him I started the conversation since he wasn't saying anything. "Umm... hello".

His breathing was kind of unstable but I could tell he was trying to control it. "hey, I saw you looking at me earlier and wanted to see wasup", he said.

After talking for a couple minutes, I was ready to go so I tried to end the conversation.

"About that ... I have to go but if you still wanna talk I'll give you my insta. You want that?" I said.

"Yea, what's your insta?" he said.

"It's princessjae but what's your name" I said. Like how was I talking to him the whole time and didn't know this nigga name.

"My name is Warren, I'll see you around" he said then walked off. After standing in that same spot for a couple seconds, I walked off to my car.

to be continued...

———————————————————————-

-Kay🤸🏾‍♀️.
Vote, comment, and share.

Lowkey getting bored of this book 💔