Fifty-Five

It wasn't enough for her mother. None of the words Mr. Rosier spoke to her, words of eagerness, words telling her that it might just work out between Aries and Evan.

It was never enough.

And now Walburga was taking her anger out on her daughter, sweet, sly, smart, Aries.

Her back arched in pain as she screamed. Aries mother standing over her, Walburga legs on either side of Aries hips. "Stop! St-stop! Please." Aries cried as Walburga lifted the spell from her daughters body.

Aries laid slightly limp on the ground, her lip swollen and her eye started to form a black ring around it. Her left arm had been cut and her legs had been tied.

"You ungrateful, snobby, know-it-all, with a big mouth! You ruined your chances, AGAIN, with an arranged marriage!" Walburga yelled.

"Crucio" Walburga muttered as she tormented Aries once more, the shrill screams from her throat beginning to close up and loose its voice.

Her body went on lock down as it thrashed, trying to get the pain away, attempting to ignore the constant needle jabs all over her body, trying to stop the feeling of hammers clanking her head.

Aries couldn't even describe the constant pain flowing throughout her body, the blood that was leaking into the floor as she thrashed. She probably wouldn't even want to get off the floor once her mother was finished with her.

And so, after long minutes of constant torture. Aries had barely heard her mothers threats about Remus Lupin. She hadn't registered her mother threatening Orions wrath before leaving the bedroom. She didn't realize the ropes around her ankles had released and dissolved, Aries hadn't moved.

She felt broken, the fear of her mothers wrath now returning to her as she had forgotten over school.

Aries made herself sit up, whimpering from trying to use her left arm when dribbles of blood leaked from it. The cut was deep, and she had lost blood.

She ignored the voice in her head telling her to just stay there and fall asleep. That she would feel better soon if she just laid there.

So Aries did what any sane person would do, she called Ellie.

"Madame Black, what can I-...oh dear." She whimpered slightly at the sight of Aries wrecked body. She simply, looked as if she were on a crashed boat that made it to shore, and then been beaten with wooden clubs.

"I have medical-"

"Shh, don't speak, my dear, hold still. Don't close those pretty eyes, I'm gonna stitch you right up." Ellie spoke, cutting Aries off. Ellie had snapped her fingers and an entire medical kit had appeared in front of her.

Ellie was more of a medical elf, if anything. Aries had decided that Ellie would be the best to deal with her injuries once her mother had started beating her. Simply because she was good with medicines, Aries knew that when the tortures would come, she would have Ellie to help.

Aries hissed when Ellie began rinsing out the cut. Though the elf only held Aries arm more sternly to keep it straight and continued to rinse the cut.

Ellie had taken out a small tin container, similar to the one Aries had in her bag. Then she pulled out another which had a small labeling on it.

It was in house elf language so Aries couldn't understand it. Ellie opened up the labeled container first, the inside substance being a blue gel, and spread it on the inside of the cut making Aries whimper.

Women of the Black bloodline do not whimper, nor cry.

Aries hadn't taken any of her mother's words seriously...until now.