chapter 24

The rest of the day was spent with me laying on the bed, eating Cheetos, and watching Fast and Furious. Life. 

Just then, there was a loud noise from inside the room. I jumped, grabbing my gun, and pointed it at the source of the noise. It was my damn phone. 

-_-

Stupid reflexes. I saw that Ethan was calling. Fucking finally.

"Are you alright?" I asked as soon as i picked up the phone.

"I am so so so sorry Taylor. I know i told you to call everyday, and i myself did not pick up the phone. Please please forgive me. I will make it up to you i promise." He babbled on and on. I smiled in relief, at least he was okay.

"Calm down love, i am not upset at all." I reassure him. Oh how the roles have reversed.

"I will buy you all the pizza in the world and i- wait, you are not mad?"He asked, confused.

"No i am not, though are you going to tell me why you did not pick up my call?" I asked.

"Spit it out, cupcake." I taunted.

"I went on a date yesterday." He blurted out. "Well, it was more like-" he mumbled out, but i could not hear him. 

I should be happy, right? I should congratulate him, and suggest him ideas for other dates. Then why do i feel sad? I should not be feeling hurt, or betrayed. 

"Taylor? Cupcake are you there?" I heard Ethan ask frantically.

"Ye-yeah i am there" i respond. "So what did you do yesterday?" I asked with a clenching heart.

"WE ALL WENT TO THE SUMMER CARNIVAL!" He exclaimed.The one we used to go to together, every year, I thought, but refrained from saying it out loud. He was happy, i did not want to spoil his mood. 

"Okay i will start from the beginning. Her name is Jenny, she is 16. She is from New York and is here for the summer break. We had fun yesterday, but i missed you. Anyway, did you know that i won her a HUGE bear in the shooting game?" He exclaimed excitedly.

The shooting game.

'You really wanna have a competition? With me? In shooting?' I asked, laughing.

'Yeah, yeah, you might be the infamous Bellona, but do not forget that i am one of the best street fighters out there.' He replied cockily.

'Oh really, well the one who loses becomes the slave of the other for an entire day. Deal?'

'Let's do this'

We both went together, and started shooting at the blue balloons.

I won. 

'Ha' I stuck my tongue out at him.

'Whatever.' He grumbled.

I picked a huge penguin, that had a scarf on. He became my slave for the next entire day, and i made him eat pickles, which he hates with a burning passion. 

But at the end of the day, we both knew that he had let me win. His aim had always been a lot better than mine, no matter how many people i had killed with a real gun. 

I was snapped out from reminiscing about last year. "She was eyeing the bear for a long time and, of course couldn't shoot for her life, so she asked me. And you know me love, i won it. She looked like a freaking mouse in comparison to the soft toy." He laughed. I laughed with him.

"And well, i wanted to eat the cotton candy, but she said it was bad for health and all. And everyone agreed. But then she made it up by buying us hot dogs." Ethan went on and on, oblivious to what was happening on the other side of the phone. When did Ethan like hot dogs? I was gone for four days, dammit. 

'Come on Ethann, i am full, i cannot eat more. And i do not want it to go waste. Please, it eat.' I begged him.

'No Tay, you know i do not like hot dogs. You should have thought before buying it.' He scolded.

I grumble, and had ton finish it off by myself.

"And did you know that in the end, we all went to the ferris wheel, like we used to. That was the part she was most excited for." I forced a smile, even though he could not see it. He is happy, i am happy. Or well, should be.

'Tay-tay, love, cupcake, can we please please go on the ferries wheel? You know it is our tradition, and we cannot, at any point, for whatever reason, break it.' He begged.

'But Ethan, it is raining cats and dogs, everyone is looking for a shelter, and you want us to go there?'

'Pleaseeee?' He pouted.

I groaned, and agreed. Of course i did, i can never say no to this guy.

"Yayy'  He jumped up and down before running to the ride, me following him quickly. The person who operated it looked at us strangely, but started the ride, with the two of us being the only one. With the two of us being the only stupid ones. I shook my head in disapproval. And yet, when the ride ended, i came out with a small smile on my face, that only Ethan could cause.

"Aaand, we all are spending the entire day together today as well" He cheered. "Wait, there goes the bell. Shit they are here.  Talk to you later, love." He hung up the phone.

'Ethan, i have work to doo." I groaned. 

'Nope, you are not getting out of it, love. You are going to my match and cheering on me.' He said with finality, resting both his hand on the locker behind me, his arms on encasing me from sides.

'But you already have the whole school, and the cheerleaders cheering you on.' I argued.

'But you are my lucky charm.' He said, kissing my forehead. 'Get ready at 5.30 sharp, i will pick you up.' He ordered, kissing my cheek and walking away. 'Oh and you are wearing my jersey.' He looked back and winked, before joining his team as they went to talk to the coach.

I just stood there, trying to be sad on having to skip work, when my heart was leaping with happiness.

I slowly, lowered my phone, mind blurred with memories. But i pushed them away. I knew this was going to happen, and i still fell for my best friend 

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!

AN; The next chapter will be maybe a week later, if possible. 

ENJOY!! And comment what you think of these two! Also do not bring out you knives and guns, i said i am SORRY for this.