06 | Lower grade

"We're here."

Ijichi Kiyotaka, jujutsu college assistant director and the one whom drove the kids to their location, says.

"Hapina shopping district. Mostly a shutter district. A part of this place will be demolished to build a large shopping center."

You look around, drumstick in hand. Something felt odd about the cursed energy surrounding the area, but you don't alert the others.

'Weird..' You thought, 'I shouldn't be so bothered. Of course there's cursed energy here- we were sent out to exorcise curses.'

"During inspection, a flock of low grade curses was observed. Their exorcism was entrusted to second-grade Imumaki. and.." ijichi continues. you turn to where the aforementioned boy was, and was slightly surprised to see him gone.

"Huh? Inumaki?!"

"Toge?" Your brows furrow, looking around. Much to your relief, you find him in front of a shop nearby- buying something.

"Thank you for your patronage!"

'He's shopping..!' Okkotsu sweatdrops, watching as his classmate walks back with a plastic bag.

"What did you buy?" Okkotsu ask, watching as Inumaki hands you a lollipop. The boy reaches inside the bag again, pulling out a small bottle.

"Throat medicine?"

You spare Okkotsu a glance, placing the candy in your pocket. That would be eaten later, "Yes. For his throat."

Ijichi then says, "Anyways, it would be bad if a building this expensive got ruined by rumors. It has to be exorcised as soon as possible. I'll lower the curtain."

"Good luck!"

With that, all three of you were now left inside the empty market. You had already summoned your taiko and the uneasy feeling from earlier continues to grow. Who and where the hell was this cursed energy coming from?