69 | Give and take

[ TW ; mc with a gun

[ TW ; mc with a gun. happens
near the end of the chapter. ]

Cold and unsettling.

After a ten minute walk from the last house you've seen, you now had reached your destination; an isolated house surrounded by dead plants and cherry blossoms.

The house is decorated with the colors black and red which was now starting to fade. The most disturbing thing for now was the stone pathway with dried blood, as if someone from the clan had tried to run away while Seikatsu was murdering people in the house.

This made you queasy.

Had your brother taken advantage at the fact that the house is in a secluded area? Did he give other clan members false hope of escaping before ending their lives?

'This..' you look around, 'this looks like a graveyard without the tombstones..'

You were in disbelief, yet you knew you had to move; you only have a limited time to search the house for the cursed tools. You had an hour before the others go and look for you.

However, you wanted no one to see this.

You take another good look of the traditional Japanese home, engraving every single detail in your mind.

This is the result of a massacre. The aftermath of Seikatsu's wrongdoings.

"They treated him like an animal.." you say, now beginning to walk to the tatami doors of the house,

"..Was it wrong of him to kill them? Or were they right for making him strong enough that he's capable of murder?"

You question yourself, breath hitching as you slid the doors open to reveal the inside of the house. You expected a dead body, but the place was oddly clean.

"Sorry for the intrusion.." you mutter out of respect before entering the dimly lit house. It was bright enough that you could see where you're going.

"Now, where should i start?" you mutter, noticing that the house has two hallways.

You enter the right hallway, immediately met with multiple tables and chairs blocking the corridor as if someone had placed them there.

You frown,

"What the hell?"

You sigh, deciding to return back to the main entrance. You didn't sense any cursed energy from that side of the house and the blocked corridor. It was a waste of time to think that something might be there.