lxxxv

Triggering content (mention of attempted sexual assault)

"If it isn't my favorite redhead girl," Maddie grinned when Ginny came inside the café early that morning.

"Hey Mads," Ginny yawned and sat on the bar.

"The usual?" Maddie chuckled.

"Yes please, I'm starving," Ginny said dramatically.

"You are always starving Gin," Maddie shook her head and placed in front of the redhead a cup of black coffee and a full English breakfast she had made for her beforehand.

"I'm a professional athlete," Gin gloated. "I workout all day so I deserve to get my greasy morning meal!"

"I never said anything," Maddie laughed.

"So we're all going to an all girls karaoke bar tonight, you in?"

"Would it be just us or is Angelina Johnson also invited?" Maddie asked bitterly.

"Just us obviously. 'Mione, Alicia, Liz, Luna and Fleur even though she can't drink," Ginny shrugged, "we don't like Johnson either."

"Why would that be?" Maddie said sarcastically, making Ginny laugh.

"She talks shit about you a lot," Ginny pretended to throw up at the thought of Angelina, "like a lot, that's why mum doesn't like her either."

"Yeah, Molly does love me," Maddie gloated. "I'll be there tonight, tell the girls that we're meeting at my place then."

"Will do, but now I'm late and Gwenog will have my head," Ginny swallowed the last of her breakfast and chugged her coffee. "Write it down in my tab please, I'll pay you at the end of the month!"

"Don't stress about it," Maddie yelled as Ginny rushed out the door to apparate.

Ever since opening, the café had been a big success with tens of people queueing outside to get their morning coffees and fresh pastries before work, lunch or something to have with their afternoon tea. She had barely spoken to Fred since the fight they had one week prior, only sparing each other glances as he came inside every day to get breakfast and lunch for him and George. The majority of her days now were made up by cooking and baking, attending customers who asked for special cakes and balancing her time at work so that she could still spend as much time as she could with Teddy, who also quite enjoyed being in the noisy and crowded café.

"Mads, there's someone who's asking for you," Larissa entered her office, looking scared. "She wants a cake."

"Did she make an appointment? Because I don't have any meeting with a customer scheduled this morning," Maddie looked at the calendar in her wall.

"She didn't make an appointment but she's demanding to see you immediately," Ethan said quietly, "she's being rude."

"Send her in then," Maddie sighed.

"Madeleine!" Angelina said and came inside her office, Larissa and Ethan sending the blonde an apologetic look from behind the girl. "I was beginning to think that you were going to ignore me!"

"Angelina, of course not," Maddie cleared her throat to try and disguise the disgust in her voice, "what can I do for you?"

"I want you to make mine and Fred's wedding cake-"

"There is a protocol when it comes to ordering a cake Angelina, the first step is actually scheduling an appointment," Maddie interrupted her.

"Well, I was thinking that given the circumstances you would be willing to beng the rules for two friends-"