Chapter Forty Two

READ THE PICTURE! WHO WANTS TO BE IN AN INTERNATIONAL GROUP FRIENDSHIP AND SLAY THE WORLD!... AND POSSIBLY MEET EACH OTHER CAUSE LETS FACE IT, I REALLY WANNA MEET EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
______________________________________

Carter's Point of View

"This. . . This was your home?" I whispered, getting no response. I watched as his adams apple bobbed, gaze still fixated on the old picture.

"I barely recognize it," He stated as he sat on the bed in the middle of the room, suddenly making a creaky noise. "God, everything's coming back to me."

I slowly sat next to him and waited for him to speak up.

"My mum and her boyfriend. Those two would endlessly grope each other right in front of me and my sister. She didn't really care for us at all. Had to learn how to survive on our own." He shook his head, leaning both elbows on his knees. "I can clearly remember waking up on my eighth birthday, excited to open presents. It took me a while, but I noticed the house was too quiet. So, I searched downstairs, expecting to see my mum having couch sex with her boyfriend. I know I panicked because I searched every nook and cranny." He took a deep breath. "I thought that they had gone out to get me a gift, but then three days passed and I knew I was on my own."

I reached out to grab his hand, squeezing it tightly. I could hear the quiet banter coming from the floor below us. No doubt they were planning an escape while we were here, or so I would think.

"Carter," Harry whispered. "Please. . . Please don't leave me again." I watched as his chin started to tremble, though no tears were building in his eyes.

"I won't ever leave you, I promise. Please don't cry," I begged, cupping his face, skin feeling oddly cool in such heated weather. "Are you alright now?" I watched his head bob only once, signalling a yes. "Do you want to go back out there?"

He held up a finger, telling me to hold a second as he stood from the bed and walked toward the closet. He pulled the two doors open and let out a long sigh. It took a minute for him to pull out a ton of clothes. he dropped them on the bed and sorted through it.

"Change into this," He instructed, holding up a plain white t-shirt and a slightly ripped pair of blue jean shorts. "They were my sisters. She was a little younger than you, but they'll fit."

I nodded and took the clothes from his hand and waited for him to point out where the bathroom would be. He just stared at me with eyes of almost. . . Lust.

"Change here."

I smiled and shook my head. "I'll find the bathroom myself." I turned around and the door was suddenly being blocked by a tall and lanky body. "Perve," I jokingly huffed.

"Like I haven't seen you naked, darling," He smirked. Looks like he was back. I sighed and dropped the clothes on the floor, slowly and hesitantly pulling my muddy pajama shirt off. I quickly grabbed the white t-shirt and pulled it on, daring to get a glance at Harry. He was watching me with a hard and hungry gaze, making me feel self-councious about everything. I pulled down my very muddy pajama bottoms and reached for the shorts.

"Stop staring," I nervously mumbled.

"Don't think I can," He grumbled whilst I finished buttoning my shorts up. I let out another sigh, then smirked at Harry.

"Your turn."

Though, he smirked back at me and pulled a similar -- bigger -- white t-shirt from the pile, along with black skinnies, making me frown.