46. Devil

Fifth Year:

"Oh for the love of Merlin, Alice! Get your ass down here already!" I yelled from the common room, with Fred, Teddy and James sitting around me.

"Alright, alright!" She came down the stairs, skipping a few stairs on the way.

"What?! Why is everyone wearing skirts?" Fred asked. "Hey Lils? Do you have any extra skirts I can burrow?"

I could feel my eyes widen. "Yes. Yes. We are totally doing that this evening."

He chuckled and gave me a thumbs up.

"All good to go, then?" Roxanne asked, getting up from the arm chair.

I nodded and got up.

Both Alice and Roxanne looked really hot in their outfits.

Alice was wearing a red skirt with small red mushrooms on it, with a white sweater on top. Her hair had two braids with purple crystals hanging down as earings.

Roxanne was wearing green. Green skirt, with a lighter tone of blue shirt. With brown boats under it.

And I was wearing black skirt with back tights under it. On top, I wore a simple green sweater with my hair up in a ponytail.

I like those girls who do messy buns, but doing messy bun to my curly hair... That won't work.

*****

"Hi, Max. Missed me?" Alice gave his brother a tight hug and they both said good bye to their parents as we stayed behind and watched.

Max was wearing a blue hoodie with a giant green dinosaur on it, matching with his blue pants that also had small dinosaurs on it.

I can't even remember the last time a saw him. It almost been a year.

"Hello Alice, Roxanne."

Awwwe! I forgot how bad he was with 'r's. Haha!

"And... Lily! Wow Lily, your hair looks exactly like a-"

"Ah!" I cut him off. "This time, I don't want to know which dinosaur poop my hair looks like, thanks."

"Hi, I'm James." James held out his hand for Max to shake.

Max looked at him up and down before clearing his throat in the most disgusting way possible and spitting on his hand to shake James'.

James' expression changed and after the hand shake he took out his wand and did a cleaning spell three times in a row.

"Max, you already know how much of a good sister I am. So," Alice turned to us and smiled. "Instead of wasting your time with me, you can hang out with Lily and James."

Max looked at her and some kind of energy passed between them. Like they had sibling telepathy.

He shrugged and looked at us. "Okay."

Alice and Roxanne did a high five. "Great. Okay then. Have fun. Bye."

They both disappeared before I could ask what time they would be back, or what he likes to do and all that stuff.

"What would you like to do Max?" I asked, kindly smiling to make him feel better.

"Wanna go get some butterbeer?" James suggested.

"Yes, please, please. Please!" He jumped up and down.

"Okay great- Wait are you allowed to have butterbeer?" I asked.

He let out a small laugh. "Duh! I'm four, not two. I had loads with my dad."

I considered it and looked at James. He just shrugged and pointed towards Three Broomsticks.