Chapter 6

"What about Simon?" Michelle asked the two when they were on their way to the exit. "Clary and Izzy will get him." Alec told her, putting his hand on the small of her back to make her keep walking towards the exit. "Don't they need help?" Michelle asked him. "No, the vamps will thread very carefully now as taking a shadowhunter's mate is seen as an act of war and ground for immediate execution. They know not to hurt Izzy or Clary as we can still declare war" "just because they took me?" "They shouldn't have, babe. You don't touch someone's mate for no good reason." Jace told her, his jaw clenched.

"But they didn't hurt me. And they didn't know I was your mate. As soon as they figured it out they let me go." "As they should." Was Jace's short, angry, reply. "Jace, calm down" Michelle told him walking through the exit that was held open for her by said boy. "I can't calm down" he practically yelled while slamming the door shut after Alec walked through. "What if we had lost you? What if they had hurt you?" He continued. "But you didn't. And they didn't either" Michelle calmly said, walking towards him and gently putting her hand on his cheek to make him look at her. She saw the look in his eyes soften upon eye contact.

Putting his hand over hers on his cheek he softly told her "we can't lose you before we even have you". This was his chance. If he leant in closer he could kiss her for the first time.

"MICHELLE" Clary yelled while storming through the door making Michelle pull away from Jace quickly. The blonde boy was definitely cursing out his red-headed sister-in-law in his head.

"Clary! You okay?" The older girl asked. "Yes I'm fine. Are you? Did they hurt you?" Clary asked her. "No I'm fine. They didn't try anything as soon as they noticed I was Jace's and Alec's mate." "M! You're okay!" Simon yelled while pulling her in a hug making Alec and Jace shoot daggers at the boy. If looks could kill, Simon would definitely be dead.

"Good to see you still breathing, Elle" Izzy told her future sister-in-law while also giving her a hug. "How was recon?" Michelle asked. "Good, you should meet Meliorn sometime. I think he would like you" Izzy said, trying to get under Alec's and Jace's skins because she heard how they treated Michelle. She might've let them off the hook because of the kidnapping and saving but Izzy hadn't. If they hadn't had that discussion she wouldn't have been kidnapped in the first place so they could sweat a little. "Meliorn?" Michelle questioned. "Yeah, he's a seelie. A very fit one if you want to know."

"Izzy" Alec said angrily. "Yes, Alec?" Izzy asked him mockingly. "Can we talk to you for a minute?" "Sure"

"What the hell are you doing?" Alec asked Izzy as soon as they were out of earshot. Obviously he and Jace kept sneaking glances Michelle's way to make sure she was still safe. "I want to introduce Michelle to Meliorn. What's wrong with that?" Izzy innocently replied. "What's wrong with that is that Michelle is our mate and is not getting near that seelie without him knowing she's ours." Jace nearly growled out making Izzy giggle. "What are you laughing at?" Alec asked, angrily. "You two. You haven't been the most understanding to your mate. She's new to this world, her mother is missing, her best friend was missing, she's a shadow hunter and she has two mates and instead of supporting her decisions and trying to get in her good graces you screw up and try to control her." Izzy said, dropping a truth bomb on them. And it sure did feel like that. Jace and Alec thought over their actions of the past moments and came to the conclusion that they could've been more understanding and supportive. That would change now. They needed her and hopefully she would need them soon as well. "Thanks Izzy" Alec said, kissing his sister on her cheek. "Yeah, thanks Iz" Jace said, kissing her cheek as well.

"Are you ready to go back to the institute? I believe some of us might want to get some sleep" Jace asked the trio. "Yes please" Michelle immediately responded. "I'm so tired" she added while yawning loudly for dramatic effect. "Same, I think I could sleep til tomorrow" Clary added. "I second that" Simon piped up. "Let's go then" Alec said, before opening a portal to get them to the institute.

"You can take our room" Alec told Michelle, showing her his and Jace's room which hopefully would soon be hers as well. "What about you?" She asked him, wondering where they would get their rest. "We'll nap on the couch somewhere" Alec said waving her concerns away. "I can take the couch" she protested. "Definitely not, princess" "then you have to sleep in the bed with me"