• Chapter 11 •

Hiya! So about the cover, I decided to go with both. The second one had more votes, but I thought it would be unfair for the others. I was so confused, then I decided to use the first cover but I will change the cover again after a certain period of time! How does this sound?

As for the grandfather, I'm too lazy to give him a name so we'll go with 'The Grandfather'. Creative, I know 😁

I tap my fingers on the mahogany wooden table in front of me, as I wait for my right-hand man to give yesterday's reports

"Sir, both your sons went out with their families. Though the location was found out, we couldn't get a glimpse of them. Their bodyguards had a confrontation with our spies in the back alley but thankfully they escaped"

My jaw clenches as I sneer at their stupidity, "These sons of mine are getting out of hand day by day. Looks like I'll have to pay them a visit to remind them who the head of the family is"

Saying that I get up from my seat and order him to prepare a car. Two months ago, I had sensed a shift in our dynamics, when they started meeting in secret. Then suddenly as much as I tried, I couldn't find the location of their meetings.

All of their information stopped coming to me. The spies I sent after them couldn't find much. It was too suspicious. I thought they were trying to usurp me to gain power, but I doubted it as both of them already ran billion-dollar companies and were powerful enough in their own right.

There's something else going on, something I have to be careful about.

"Your grandfather is coming for a visit", the moment papa said this all hell in the kitchen broke loose

Sandro slams his fists on the table, "Absolutely not!"

"And you let him?", Lucio asks.

"We should hide Talia", Luca reasons.

"Just don't let him come!", Enzo yells. I don't say anything when my attention is drawn towards the staircase, where Talia is gawking at all of us. Ignoring my brother and father's bickering, I walk towards Talia and crouch down to her height.

Which basically means that my butt is touching the floor.

"Good morning, Tesoro", I say softly. I get a beaming smile in return.

"Good morning!", she says with a giggle. Stretching my hands out, I scoop her in my arms and walk towards the kitchen, where everyone is still fighting. Rhea just rolls her eyes and gives me the 'Stop them, before I hit each one of them with my pans'

"Riano, why are they fighting?", She asks with a frown.

"They are fighting because they are idiots. Don't mind them", I say gently putting her down on the kitchen stool.

"Sir, your father has arrived and is waiting in the living room", one of the household staff informs us.

I nod my head at him and motion my brother's to go greet him.

"Talia, I am about to say something to you and it's very important. So listen carefully, okay?", Dad says coming near her.

"Okay", she says nodding.

"We are about to meet your grandfather but he is a very mean man, so don't talk to much and stay close to one of your brothers all the time", Dad tells her.

"But why?", Talia asks with a frown.

"Just listen, Tesoro. It's for your safety", I answer.

"Okay", she relents.

Riano picks me up as we make our way to the living room

"Riano, should I say hello?", I ask. He seems hesitant but then Papa, who was walking behind us answers.

"Only greet him when I have finished talking to him. And try to stay out of his sight", Papa says.

We reach the living room and I spot my brother's and an old man sitting on the couch.

The moment he sees me, he does a double take.

"What is she doing here?", he yells at Papa.

"So you know her?", Papa asks him suspiciously.

"Yes I do. She's that womans daughter", he sneers.

"That women you are taking about is my wife", Papa scowls.

"She's dead", the old man says.

"How did you know that, father? We kept the information a secret", Papa snaps at him. I have never seen Papa so scary before.

"I-I have my reasons", he stammers.

"Or is it because you were the one behind the accident", he says coldly. My eyes widen as I hide in Riano's neck. Papa looks so scary. Riano covers my ears with his hands, but I can still hear everything, though I don't understand it at all.

"Nonsense! Even though I didn't like her, she was still my daughter in law", he says snapping at Papa.

"Or thought of her as our weakness and wanted to eliminate her. You were the one to threaten her, thats why she ran away. You wanted to kill both Kira and Talia. But unfortunately for you, Talia survived", Papa says calmly, but he looks so cold and frightening.

"Tell me father, how do you expect me to trust you. Your death will be the only satisfaction my children will have. From now on, we are no longer family", Papa says.

"Get out of my house. And never show your face in front of my ever again", Papa says with a warning tone.

"All because of a women. You'll regret this Leonardo!", the old man then storms out of the room.

"Hello!", I yell when he is at the doorway. Everyone stares at me suprised.

"What? You told me to say hello to him when you are done talking", I say with a shrug, even though I don't understand why he left.

Everyone bursts of laughing. I giggle along with them.

"Why did he leave so early, Papa?", I ask.

"Well talk about this later, Tesoro. Go to your room for now. Everyone else come with me to my office", Papa says kissing me on my head.

"I'll go get ready", I say agreeing. Humming, I skip my way upstairs to wear my favourite jeans today.

********************************************

Thats all for today! Hope you liked the chapter!

Tell me your thoughts!!

And don't forget to vote and comment! 😉