Chapter Thirty Two

Amara's POV

I felt like ice was going through my vines. I couldn't sleep last night, I didn't eat this morning, the feeling of dread overtook my body.

Not the mention the lecture my father gave me this morning in how I will not fail him, blah, blah, blah, it's the usual stuff.

Currently I was throwing up in my bathroom, Derek holding back my hair as I did so.

"I'm so sorry, Amara." Derek said to me when I walked back into my room, his hands warming up my arms.

"We didn't know Mason was going to tell your dad. He said to us he was going to take a different car to find Luca." He said, sitting down beside me on my bed.

"I know. I don't blame you." I told him, giving him a quick smile.

"You must feel awful." Derek muttered, and I gave him a look.

"No kidding." I scoffed, and he chuckled.

"If you want, I can come with you?" He said after a moment of silence.

I shook my head, "No, It's okay. It will be best if I do it alone." I said to him.

He nodded, "I understand."

He looked over at the time and then turned back to me, a look of worry on his face. I looked up to him, his features signaling me that the time is coming close.

"It's time to go." He said to me, giving me a quick hug before leaving me to get ready for tonight.

                                    ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

I drove to the hotel Luca told me to meet him at, the time now reading eight o'clock.

I lifted my shirt and put the gun inside my pants, my fingers slowly leaving it.

The person at the front desk gave me a key to Luca's room, which he was already inside and I felt the need to throw up again when the elevator shot upwards.

I pulled the gun out of my pants as I walked toward the hotel room door, hoping to get this done and over with as soon as I walked in.

I couldn't help but stop outside his door, knowing the next time I walk through, Luca will be dead. Dead because of me.

I took a deep breath, briefly closing my eyes as I stepped through, the room pitch black as I closed the door.

I walked in further, holding my gun in my hand as I scanned my surroundings. Why was it so dark?

I was surprised to feel the gun on my head, the sound of the bullet clicking making me freeze in place.

I could hear his heavy breathing from behind me, and when he spun me around to slam me against the wall, I could sense the amounts of alcohol he had consumed prior.

He pressed the gun harder into my head, making me close my eyes and gulp down the fear.

"What am I going to do without you?" He muttered, his other hand trailing along the side of my face.

I opened my eyes once more and I could see the pain in his. Please just kill me already

"I'm sorry." He whispered, before I felt my body become numb.