epilogue

N O V E M B E R  2 0 2 2

──・・𖥸・・──

"Okay, we have to find it! I'm not leaving this store until we do, Emma!"

Emma rolls her eyes. "Dove, if you want a copy of it so badly, just ask Hudson. He could get you like 100 without us having to sit here and go through every single one."

"Yeah, but I want to buy it, not have my boyfriend hand it to me just because he can," I argue.

She sighs. "Okay, okay, fine. But you're buying me Starbucks after this.

"Deal!"

I start going through the stacks again, desperate to find what I'm looking for. Like I said, I'm not leaving until I find it. There's nothing more important in my mind right now. Well, getting lunch afterward is. But that's second on the list. I need to focus on finding it and not on my growling stomach.

"After we go to lunch, we should swing by Adonis and Damon's place so we can drop off those clothes we bought for Meghan," Emma says.

I nod. "We can totally do that. I'll take any excuse to see her adorable face."

It takes forever, but eventually I find what I'm looking for. I grin and show Emma the vinyl record. "Got it."

After we got to Chicago last year, Hudson spent hours in the studio with his band recording the album. He even let me write and record one of the singles, "The Reaper". And featuring front and center on the cover is a picture of me and Hudson, laying in the grass of his parent's backyard. He's smoking a cigarette and I'm all smiles. What I love most is that Hudson said not only is the lead single named after me, but so is the album itself. He named it Inamorata, says it's because it was inspired by the woman he loves most.

"Are you really going to buy it? Like I said, Hudson could get you like, 100 copies."

I groan. "Oh, shut up and let's go so we can play with Meghan."

──・・𖥸・・──