One

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆: 𝑨 𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒆'𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆

If someone asked about the vampire's general thoughts about raising a human child as his own fifty years ago, Achilles would have dismissed the idea.

He hates humans and so more their children, due to their weak physic, however, things have changed.

Achilles is now married to his beloved Celeste, his spoiled young wife whom he can't say 'no' to.

The moment she pointed at you, is the moment he changed his ideas about human children.

"Isn't she beautiful and timid, she even looks similar to your mother, Achilles"

To be honest, Achilles expected his wife to choose a baby not a thirteen-year-old girl like yourself to be their offering

But, it is still easier than taking care of a baby.

"What is your name, girl"

The vampire's cold voice pulls you out of your thoughts.

"(Y/n) (L/n), sir" you reply quickly, not wanting to anger him by all means.

Plus, the look the vampire general is giving you made your skin crawl with fear.

His gaze is sharp and stern unlike the warm gaze of his wife.

Achilles looks to be in his early thirties while Celeste looks to be eighteen, which made you assume that he is from the old vampires.

You see, the vampires won the war against the human year 2036, and you were born in 2060, meaning you were born twenty-four years later after war.

"No" you look in confusion at Achilles' sudden refusal.

"Huh?"

"Your name isn't (Y/n) (L/n), your name is (Y/n) Hill" you nod your head slowly.

"...ok" you mumble out which seems to displease him.

"Speak clearly, child" the end of the expensive cane he holds meets with your chin, raising it so your (e/c) eyes meet his red ones.

"I said ok, it is not my problem that you are deaf like Dora"

You regret your words instantly when he sneers at you loudly.

"It seems like you need to be disciplined once again, girl" he spats, glaring at you.

"You are scaring her with your grim attitude, sweetheart," Celeste says, not removing her eyes away from you.

She places her hands on your shoulders, bringing your body closer to hers.

"From now on, I and Achilles are your parents, so call us mommy and daddy"

You try not to cringe so hard at what she said, as she doesn't seem to notice the dirty meaning of her words.

But, Achilles does and he looks disturbed.

"I think dad and mom are better" you suggest with a small smile, trying not to sound rude.

The vampire woman pouts at you slightly.

"But that's too formal" Achilles cuts in the conversation.

"She isn't going to call us mommy and daddy, end of the conversation, Celeste"

The blond-haired vampire rolls her eyes at her husband.

"Cassius" a servant comes forward, standing beside Achilles.

"Yes, master?"

"Hand me the choker" you gulp when the servant pulls out a grey silk choker, before handing it to your 'new' father.

"What is this for?" Celeste smiles.

"It is a gift from mommy and daddy"

Honestly, Celeste is starting to creep you out with her behavior, treating you as if you were a baby.

"No, it isn't a gift, it is a claiming choker, so a vampire doesn't kill you" you shiver as he places the choker around your neck.

"I want you to know one thing" you raise an eyebrow at Achilles.

"What is it?"

"Achilles, there's no need to threaten her" The said vampire ignores his wife and continues.

"If you misbehave, I will punish you by sucking your blood..." His lips twist upwards, forming a wicked grin.

"And let me tell you, that having your blood sucked is a torture process that you don't need to experience"