Chapter 57

~ IMOGEN ~

"Lunch is ready!" I dropped mine and Hames' tray of food on the dining table and went to where he was sitting on the couch, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind and kissed his cheek.

"You're such a sweetheart. This side of you makes me feel like smiling forever." He held my hand and faced me. "You made lunch?" He asked like he just heard what I said.

"Yes, yes, yes."

"Wow, I'm so lucky. I love your cooking as much as I love you."

"That doesn't make so much sense to me. You love something as much as you love your wife?"

"Everything about you is loved by me." He kissed my cheek too.

He chuckled then we left for the dining table.

After having lunch together and chatting for a really long time, Faith and two other Maids cleared the table while Hames and I returned to sit on the sofas.

He immediately picked his laptop from the center table but I stopped him and returned it to the table, wrapping my arms around his torso with my head on his chest.

"Can't you take a break from work? You'll leave tomorrow then I'll only see you physically after two months." I mumbled against his chest.

"Anything for you, my Queen." He kissed the top of my head.

"Anything for me yet you'll still go to Dubai without me." I snorted.

"You're being so clingy and I love it. I want you to be safe. Trust me, I'm doing this for us. We have forever to spend together so just spare two months from forever." His fingers raked my hair in a soothing manner.

"You're such a jerk. I hate you." The lie rolled out of my mouth freely.

"You can call me a jerk, it's fine by me. I love you so much. How can you hate me?"

I dropped my head on his lap. "How can you leave for two months when I'm not safe? You'll leave tomorrow then what am I supposed to do? Look around, work all the time, live a frustrated life?"

"I'll make sure to call you every time. I know I'll miss you more than you'll miss me." He smiled, showing off his one-sided dimple.

"That's not true. I'm already missing you though you're still here with me." I admitted, fiddling with his fingernails. "A business trip is more important than your wife's life?"

He went silent for a while. "No. I just want you to be safe."

"How will leaving for Dubai make me safe? You're cruel."

He went silent again, stroking my hair gently. "I love you."

"What if I stop loving you because you're too far?" I wondered aloud. I knew it wasn't possible but what if it happened? My love for him was still growing.

"It doesn't work that way. Being far away from the ones you love strengthens the love. When you miss me, you'll love me more."

"I hope so."

"I'm certain. I'll create time to talk to you frequently." He promised.

***

"Imogen, wake up. You have to go to work too." Hames tapped me.

I felt really tired and didn't want to rise yet so I shook my body from his tapping.

Something landed beside me on the bed then kisses were being showered all over my face. "I'll leave now. You won't say goodbye? It's going to be two months till you see me again."