Large Shirts and Breeches // B.B. [BLURB]

The mudroom was the best place to get ready to go riding. It served the purpose for your afternoon plans, your riding boots already waiting and polished on the shelves.

"Darling?" Benedict calls, clearly searching for you.

"In the mudroom, darling!" You shout back, continuing to shove your feet into your riding boots.

"Are you wearing my clothes?" Benedict asks upon entering the room, his eyes running over the length of your body.

Smiling widely, you stick out your right leg. "I am," You state proudly, "I had a pair of your breeches altered to fit me better."

"And the shirt?" Benedict questions, amused.

You flush. "I didn't want anyone else to touch it. I didn't want to lose your smell," You confess, smoothing down the larger shirt on your frame.

A look crosses Benedict's face, but it's gone before you can fully decipher it. Your husband smiles down at you; he leans against the doorframe, crossing his arms as he watches you pull on your boots.

"Where are you going?"

"On a ride," You answer, stomping your feet on the floor, forcing your feet into the boots.

"Dressed like that?" Benedict asks, eyes wide as he takes in the shape of your legs. The breeches fit tightly, showing off every curve and only emphasising the length.

"What will the neighbours think?" You gasp dramatically, placing a hand on your chest, pretending to swoon.

Benedict snorts, amused at your reaction. He pushes away from the door frame, reaching for his riding boots. "What are you doing?" You ask, narrowing your eyes as you watch your husband start to get ready.

"What?" He laughs, "You think I'm going to let my wife ride around the country when she looks like that? I'm doing all I can not to drag you back inside and distract you for the rest of the day. I'm never letting you go, love."

Standing, you make your way to your husband. He stands straighter in your presence, sending you a smouldering smile. You run your fingers through the lapels of his jacket, feeling the smooth, velvet trim. "I wouldn't want you to," You murmur flirtatiously, drawing your husband down into a kiss that has you forgetting about your afternoon plans.