Family Ties // B.B.

Pairing: Benedict Bridgerton x Fem!Reader

Warnings: children, marriage, fluff, female reader, she/her pronouns, bridgertons being bridgertons, family fluff, love, romance, kissing, cute, mentions of pregnancy. SPOILERS FOR THE PREQUEL SERIES BUT I CANT BE SORRY, I LOVE GEORGE TOO MUCH.

Word count: 3.3k

-------

Giggles and gasps lighten the morning air as you take those first steps outside. The grass is still wet with morning dew and it dampens the hem of your dress, but you cannot bring yourself to care as the laughter of your children surrounds you.

"You can't catch me!" Your daughter declares, laughing loudly as her steps quicken on the slick grass.

A quiet smile crosses your face as you watch the scene unfold in front of you.

Your daughter, Violet, continues to laugh wildly as Benedict grabs her from behind, lifting her onto his shoulders. She settles there quickly; having spent a lot of time on Benedict's shoulders when her little legs wore themselves out from running and exploring.

"My love," Benedict greets, smiling widely at you, "Did you sleep well?"

"I did until I realised I was alone."

Benedict casts his eyes upwards, gesturing to the four year old currently busying herself with trying to tidy the permanently messy locks of her father. "Someone," Benedict emphasises with another glance upwards, "Woke up too early and I didn't want to wake you."

Your body warms at the obvious love in Benedict's voice – for you, for his daughter. Close to a decade being married and he has every capacity to reduce you to a lovestruck fool. It's perfect, really.

Chuckling, you gaze lovingly at your daughter. "Did you wake your father up?"

She nods; not an ounce of apology on her small face as she continues to mess up Benedict's hair. "I couldn't sleep anymore," she defends, "I'm excited to see Grandma Violet."

"I'm sure she's excited to see you too," Benedict comments, reaching for his pocket watch to check the time. "We'll have to be setting off soon. Are we all packed?"

You nod, meeting the loving eyes of your husband. "The footmen have everything covered. Where is John?"

Benedict gestures to the overgrowth behind him. "He joined us when Violet wouldn't keep quiet. He shouldn't be too far behind."

"I'll go in search. Get Violet ready for me?"

Benedict nods, smiling down at you before dropping the first kiss of many to your lips. You watch the pair leave; Violet chattering away about the birds singing in the trees before heading off in search for your eldest child.

"John Edmund Bridgerton," you call out, voice loud in the quiet garden, "Where have you gotten to?"

"I'm over here," John calls; his dark brown curls popping up between the rose bushes.

"Shall we head inside? We need to get ready to make the journey to London."

John smiles, making his way to your side. "You look more like your father every day," You comment absentmindedly, running a hand through your son's hair.

John flushes at the compliment; his father was an exceptionally strong man as well as incredibly talented in whatever he pursues. "Thank you," John replies, reaching for your hand to begin the walk back to your home.

---------

Bridgerton House had always grown violet hyacinths; they perfumed the air, making every inhale sweeter than the last. The door to the Bridgerton London home is opened before you get chance to place your feet on the ground after stepping down from the carriage.