Chapter 22~ Presentation

Not edited- i had to write this like 3 times cause i had no idea what i wanted this chapter to lead to but i think i did pretty well tbh

anyways, make sure to vote n comment. can we get abt 1.1K+ comments n 100 more votes then it alr does?

Also, comment here how you found this book... Im a curious lady

 Im a curious lady

Bella Hale

I run a hand through my hair before throwing the file back on the table, "what the hell do I pay you all for?" I ask whilst crossing my arms over my chest as I look at everyone sitting around the table with their heads down.

A status update meeting, that is all this was supposed to be. "Mr. Miles, you'd told me you and your team didn't need my help on this project and now, a day before the stakeholders are coming in for a check-in meeting about the project you tell me that you need at least four more weeks?" I asked the one who assured me that I didn't need to worry about this project, and somehow I trusted him.

A mistake I'll never be making again.

No one talks, they all keep their eyes on the table and it seems as if something snaps in me. "Someone fucking answer me!" I raise my voice, slamming a hand on the meeting table causing them all to flinch. Calm down Bella.

Don't tell me to calm down consy, they all said they'd have the presentation done by tomorrow.

"I gave you all six damn months, and that too just to do some research, take some notes and brainstorm ideas to make the presentation, and even asked if it was enough time. So now someone give me a damn explanation." I demand, the way they all sit there like saints only infuriates me to the edge. Speak for god's sake.

I take a deep breath to compose myself, they haven't even made the introduction presentation. I'd somewhat understand if the project design itself wasn't ready to be shown, but not even the damn presentation is done. Showing the file to the stakeholders is out of question, yes they have information but it's all messy and unorganised. All it is are rough point form notes by everyone and observations as they research and the roughest idea of how the product will look.

And by the file they've given me I can see they have everything they need to make a presentation, so why haven't they?

My jaw ticks, "one of you give me an explanation or you all are fired on the spot," I pause and look at the small sleek gold Rolex on my wrist. "Discuss, do whatever you all want but when I come back into the room in five minutes I want the reason nothing is done."

I don't wait for any of them to react as I nod for Kyla to come with me, I give her a small smile when she pulls the door open for me as I walk out of the meeting room before giving my head a small shake in disappointment.

I can't believe this. Six damn months and they couldn't even make a powerpoint slideshow??

I go to head back to my office but I sigh and stop, my hands grab my blazer before I pull it tighter around me while fixing it. Turning around so I can make eye contact with my assistant, "want to grab a coffee with me?"