[1.26]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞

______________________

*Genevieve*

After the King and Queen were announced, the party began to slowly die down. A few of the larger groups had left, wanting to go out to the diner to grab some food. Their absence meant that the dance floor was relatively empty, except for a few smaller groups that were still dancing and singing along with the music.

Lucas had left with his friends, the entire group stumbling slightly to the door as they boisterously laughed and shoved each other. A few of them had even passed around a drinking flask that they had 'borrowed' from their dad for the night. He had quickly agreed with the story going around that Lauren had gotten hurt when she tried to leave and was getting checked out at the hospital. Unsurprisingly, he didn't seem too worried, laughing it off and seeming rather relieved when she was gone.

"Do you smell something off?" I ask, looking around the room for the source of the vague yet still familiar scent. "It's familiar... but I can't place my tongue on it."

Theo sniffs before shaking his head. "I can't smell anything... could you just be smelling the spiked punched mixed with the sweat of too many high schoolers? Cause, like, that's pretty prominent and it really stinks."

"No, no. This is something that I've smelled before," I muttered, continuing to look around the room in confusion, not being able to pinpoint the location of the scent.

"It's probably just one of Isabella's human friends, they were wandering around for a while before they went back onto the dance floor. Maybe their scent is just wafting over in our direction," Theo says.

I begrudgingly nod my head and sigh, "I guess that makes sense..."

"Come on," Theo reaches for my hand and starts to gently pull me towards the exit. I raise an eyebrow but continue to follow him.

"Where are we going?"

"Just wait. You'll see."

We ended up outside beside a beautiful row of lilies that had been planted right outside the door, underneath the line of windows. Small fairy lights had been strung up in an attempt to light up the walkway in a cuter way. A couple of yards away, a small rotunda had been decorated in the same fairy lights, but someone had added streamers and balloons, as well as setting up a speaker that had been designated to only play slower music.

I glanced over and saw that there were only a few couples taking advantage of the rotunda, swaying together under the fairy lights to some slow long that- like almost every other slow song out there- was all about love.

"What are we doing out here?" I ask, turning towards Theo.

He only smirks as he reaches into his jacket pocket, pulling out a blank mailing envelope, and handing it to me. I hesitantly take it from him and carefully open the top- worried that he or Emmett had done something to it. 

I let out a silent sigh of relief when the only thing in it was a letter. I reach for it and unfold it, grabbing the two slips of paper that had fluttered out and reading what had been written onto the paper.