Chapter 32

"This is nuts," Cato groaned as he dragged his hand down his face.

I stepped around the small mountain that I had created in the middle of the training room. Drake stood off to the side, leaning casually against the wall, just watching the phenomenal progress I had made. Using the blue grid that had become part of my normal vision I returned the ground to its smooth state. "She mastered it within an hour," Drake told his brother.

This power was different from the other ones. With summoning and the teleportation, I felt a little drained after doing it. However, with this ... this thing it was as natural as breathing. I never tired. It's like I was just supposed to do it.

Cato examined the smooth ground in amazement and asked, "who else knows about this?"

"No one. Once we see Cara and Randal again we'll tell them, but other than that we think we'll keep this quiet," I answered.

"That might be for the best. You already scare a good amount of the soldiers here, and they're dragons for heaven's sake," Cato replied.

Drake stopped leaning against the wall and added, "Exactly. So this stays information doesn't leave this room."

Cato put his hands up and promised, "I won't say a word."

"We know you won't," I proclaimed as I went over to Drake.

Once I was by his side he visibly relaxed his stance. His face was still blank and emotionless since his brother was present. I didn't like how uncomfortable Drake was in front of others. This was his own brother and he still refused to show normal emotion. I placed my hand on his bicep and motioned my head towards the door. His face stayed blank but his amber eyes filled with gratitude. He nodded and we started to leave.

"Hey! Where are you guys going?" Cato yelled after us.

"None of your business," Drake growled without looking.

"Ouch!" Cato replied feigning hurt, "After everything we've been through."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Don't make him feel bad."

Without waiting for his reply we left the training room. Once we had gotten into my room Drake broke into a smile. The obvious joy on his face made me smile as well.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me off the ground. He twirled me around in a quick circle then kissed my lips. A rush of heat filled my body and I pulled myself closer to him by wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiled against my lips and kissed me harder. He pushed me against the bed and I fell down on my back.

Drake grinned and started to unbutton his white shirt. "What brought this on?" I asked happily.

He threw his shirt onto the floor and leaned down and connected our lips. He pulled away and answered, "You know me so well."

He kissed me again and when he pulled away to breathe I asked, "What do you mean? Not that I'm complaining. A shirtless you equals a happy me."

"You knew I felt uncomfortable in the training room and you got me out," he said with a dazzling smile, "So what can I do to make you happy?"

I smiled up at him and demanded, "Say you love me."

His eyes crinkled in joy and he kissed me. "I love you, Kyna," he whispered against my lips.

A couple of hours later and we were laying down underneath the covers. Our breathing was still heavy and Drake's sweaty bare chest was heaving up and down. Sweat lightly coated my back making me stick to the sheets covering the bed. He looked over at me and inquired, "Are you sure I didn't hurt you?"