Pt.20

*Author's Note*-I plan to update this story every other Wednesday because my other story 'Imprisoned' is my priority right now. Also in the past, I think I've made the mistake of saying JARVIS is the AI but I meant to say FRIDAY. Here we are at Chapter 20! Wow this story has come so far and I'm excited that it's going in a different direction than it did on TikTok, this one includes a more thorough and thought-through storyline and I'm excited to use some...new content. And this new content is a twist with an original idea I had. You'll see what I mean.

*****

I jump out of the back of a black truck wielding a knife in my thigh holster and a pistol in the other. The team of agents follows me out of the car and into a shipping container storage unit.

I'm on a mission to locate a doctor that has created and perfected the super-soldier serum, take him back to HYDRA, and collect his serum. I've been told the location we are traveling to is Madripoor and that everything is legal here, so any chance of the Avengers having knowledge of the mission is slim.

"Intel has told us that the solution is in shipping container number 72." my boss's voice says over the intercoms in our ears. "NOVA will incapacitate the doctor and the rest will confiscate the serum and lab equipment."

I lead the group of us to shipping container number 72 and quietly pull open the door. But as I look around I find the container is empty, I investigate it as the agents follow me in.

"It's empty sir," one of the agents says over coms.

"That's impossible, it has to be-"

I interrupt my boss by pushing open a hidden doorway on the back of the container, revealing a staircase upwards.

"Never mind," the agent mutters into the coms.

I lead the squad of agents behind me as I advance up the stairs and into the hidden laboratory. I signal with my hands for them to split up as I look around some shelves, spotting the scientist sitting with his back facing me, listening to music. I quietly close in on my target. Right as I'm about to grab him he turns around.

"Ah!" he screams. I keep a straight face. "W-who are you?" I don't respond, there is no need to tell him anything, he's my mission. I grab a hold on his shoulders and send a shock of electricity to his brain to incapacitate him.

"I've acquired the target, all teams confiscate the serum and pull out," I order into the coms, using my powers to drag the scientist behind me.

*****

-Avenger's POV (third person)-

"We have a mission, suit up," Tony announces to the team.

"Is it to get Vanessa?" Steve asks.

"No, but we can't just sit around and do nothing while we wait for leads on her, so suit up and let's work for a living," Tony responds, gesturing towards the door. Steve has a disappointed look on his face as he leaves the conference room. Natasha walks with him as they go to the closet containing their suits.

"Don't lose hope cap, we'll find her," Nat says, trying to comfort him.

"The more you say that the less sure I am that we'll find her."

"The reports say that this is the area where most of the drug dealers were found," Tony explains as they arrive at the location.

"Drug dealers? Tony, that's a job for the police," Nat questions.

"Yes, but the drug dealers found dead here all had their heads bashed in. It appears that the attacker has some sort of in-humane strength. These killings were not just killings, they used brute force and rage."