Ch.3

When I woke up again; it was just a few hours later but the room was pitch black, it couldn't have been night already, right? No...this wasn't the office, I was sitting in a way more comfortable thing and when I get up, the room was decoratee much differently and was way bigger.

I finally found a lightswitch and turned it on, it was a bedroom but not one I've seen before. Just where the hell was I? I made my way to the door and opened it, it lead directly down the stairs. I went down and was in the living room now, with an almost open-concept kitchen connecting to it and there William was.

"Ah, you're awake." William told me.

"Yeah, but where am I?" I asked, still feeling a little uneasy.

"I brought you into my house." He replied.

"Huh, but why?" I asked again, still puzzled.

"Well, you said you had to hide still and I thought this was better than staying here, also..." He got closer to me and whispered. "You were getting too nosy with my shit."

"I was just curious to know more! I mean, you heard about mi-" I tried to protest but William interrupted me.
"You also said you were hungry, right? So I made you some eggs."

That was, oddly nice. I took a seat and said "Thank you." then started eating. It was just eggs but still tasted well, I guess it's been a while since I ate decent food. I got up and thanked William again, I went to put away my dish but just then a bitter pain stroke my body; making me drop my plate to gather my balance.

William rushed over to me and noticed why, the scars. He carried me over to the large couch in the living room.

"Wait here." He said as he left and came back with new bandages and meds. He started tending to my legs wounds again and left them off for a while to rest while replacing the bandages on my wrists as he asked. "What happened to you to get these much deep scars?"

Well the answer was obvious but do I tell him in detail? No, he hid things from me so I had no reason to. "Why should I say it? You're not telling about your own."

"Ugh, come on." He sighed.

"Okay, well I cut myself because I wasn't feeling ok, as simple as that." I replied in a sassy tone and William stopped, I just realized what I said and how I said it. "I'm so sorry, that was rude, very rude and not something to say it bluntly. I'm sorry." It just didn't affect me anymore, these scars were years old and I didn't do that anymore but they just didn't heal.

William took in a deep sigh and continued wrapping the bandage around my legs. "No, it's fine. I get that you wouldn't tell someone about you who doesn't also tell about themselves, it's not very safe." He finished wrapping up all off my limbs now and got up. "It's just kinda weird how you ask someone about their dead daughter right away." He said as his voice sounded as if it was getting harder for him to talk through the end.

I felt even more guilty now. He was right, I couldn't just bring that up and yet all I could say was. "I-I'm sorry, I'm really so sorry, William. You're right, that was fucked up of me to do. I'm sorry." I was looking towards him but brought my head down.

William brought his hands to his face and seemed like wiping away his tears. "Don't worry but you shouldn't move from there, because you took off the bandages earlier today; your wounds got worse and so they gotta stay on there for a few days before they can be taken off and replaced. Tell me if you need anything."

I nodded my head. "I will. T-Thank you, William. This is really nice of you to do." I said as I turned back around and kept sitting on the couch, not doing much but being careful about my wounds.

"Hah, am I now?..." He whispered to himself in a sarcastic tone yet I could hear it.
-
A couple of hours passed by and William came to help me go to the kitchen for dinner. I was surprised.

"You made dinner for me too?" I didn't expect him to after doing all that too.

"Well, all I had to do was double up the portion so I thought why not? And those eggs weren't much because I did it quickly so here." He served me a plate baked potatoes and chicken along with some salad. I thanked him again and started eating, and oh for sure, this way better than hospital food. I kept eating as the taste of seemingly simple dish melted in my mouth, yet it felt so delicious. "This is so good- Oh, I missed this. Thank you so much again." I told him.

A faint smile appeared in his face as he watched me eat and all he said was "You're welcome." But he also started eating his own serve.

Honestly, William didn't know why he was being this nice either. Letting a stranger into his house, taking care of their needs when he could've just let die out there and not get involved at all. Well, maybe letting them die in the restaurant could cause him trouble and people think he was responsible for their death. But it felt like, there was more to it, maybe because (y/n) was also nice to him? Or maybe he just missed having someone by his side?