25.| ᴛʜɪꜱ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.
[25]. This Year Will Be Different.
PART ONE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɢᴏ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ, ʙᴀɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡᴏʟꜰ ʙᴏʏꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɢᴏ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ, ʙᴀɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡᴏʟ
ʙᴏʏꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

SCHOOL WAS NOW IN session. The first day of a new school year. It was also now time for Malik to face reality. Truth be told, he was a little happy to see Landon and the Super Squad. But other than that, he was nowhere near ready to be back in school.

"Elizabeth, you look dumb."

"What are you even doing?" Josie questing, walking into the room.

"Warrior two."

Josie's brows furrow. "I thought you said yoga was karate for lady people."

Lizzie smiles. "I did, but spending the summer with mom opened my eyes to all kinds of new experiences. Plus, since using that ascendant thingy is off the table, we agreed we'd stop worrying about all that future merge crap, right?"

Josie questioningly looking at Malik.

Malik shrugs as he keeps his eyes on his book. "This is new to me, too. Just go along with it."

"What are you reading?" Josie questions, trying to glance at the book title.

"Pride & Prejudice."

Josie hums. "Wow... you two are turning into that couple."

Malik rolls his eyes. "Right. And how are you and princess Kirby doing?"

"Shut up." Josie laughs.

Malik smirks, he closes his book. "Anyway, Jed and I are going to hang out today after class, so i've gotta skip the double date."

"Malik!"

"I'm sorry!" The hybrid sighs. "I was with you all summer, Liz. Jed and I have a lot to catch up on. I promise I'll make it up to you." he sits up. "I promise."

Lizzie sighs. "Whatever. Go ahead, bang out with your little wolf boyfriend. Since you're clearly in love with him rather than me."

"Jed and I would be a hot couple, wouldn't we." He smirks.

Josie snorts. "Oh yeah. The hottest."

"Don't give in to his games." Lizzie scoffs. "Anyway, did you get our schedules?"