51 || Invasive Questions

Some visuals for the chapter ^

Song: Doja Cat - Woman (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Alessio

Flying was a relatively enjoyable experience for me. It was excuse to decline business calls and instead have some time to rest.

However the flight to Miami was not enjoyable.

Although I was given the silence I always craved, it wasn't the kind I liked. It was the kind that was deafening, the kind that left me wallowing in my own miserable solitude.

The kind where I was left to analyze my actions all the while the mixed emotions radiating off the girl that laid next to me, kept me up. The girl that was confused, angry and hurt.

The girl that refused to speak to me, acknowledge me or even move from her spot. And by the time she did shift, it was only to lull her head to the side as she drifted off into sleep. And by then, I was able to see the dried little remnants of her tears that trailed down her flushed cheeks.

I wanted nothing more than to hold her, promise her that from now on nothing would harm her, but how could I say those things when she had thought she was protected all along?

The world had truly done a number on Giana Moretto.

My father had made sure she was sheltered from the cruel world but it somehow found a way to sneak in unnoticed and slowly rip her apart.

She still wasn't aware of the true extent of danger she was in. But she was getting older and she would soon discover that there were many skeletons hiding in a closet that may not have been hers, but was hers to deal with.

Death was Arturo Moretto's savior.

Because of his selfish actions, he had gained numerous enemies. It was a shame that someone else got to Arturo before he did.

I have been doing everything in my power to protect Giana. But my protect only went so far. It went as far as keeping her off limits to most of Arturo's enemies but there was one that I couldn't control.

And I could do nothing but try to shield her from the impact of her fathers and my fathers mistakes. Mistakes that had carried into Giana's life with monsters that were lurking in the dark, waiting to pounce.

And he was the worst of them all.

But if things went as planned, that would change tomorrow.

We arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning. And although I had planned on slowly integrating Giana into my world-my under the table business world- I held off, not wanting to put her in anymore distress.

Instead of waking her to drag her to a meeting with an old associate of my fathers, I decided to push the brunch to an early dinner and carry a sleeping Giana to my suite.

She needed time to rest and process what I had told her.

Which is why I made the decision-with extreme difficulty- to hold off on killing William. That was until she came to her senses.