Ch.6

After I told William about the shirt, he remembered that I was probably gonna be here for a while so after a few day, he took me out the buy some stuff for my own if I didn't want to keep borrowing his clothes so we went out. I wore a long sleeved shirt and pants to hide my scars and bandages, I put a face mask and a cap that'd cover all of my hair to hide who I was.

It didn't take long and we came back shortly after. I took the two bags of clothes upstairs and wore something more comfortable since I was home. I went back downstairs and found William staring at his down without saying anything.

"William? Is everything okay?" I asked. "Do you really wanna know what happened to Elizabeth?" He asked in a calm voice but calm as in tired. "No, you don't have to. I know how many bad memories it brings back." I sat down next to him as he went on. "No, it's- it's okay. I was planning to tell you the rest for a while." I took in a deep breath and said as I let it out. "Okay then. Go on."

"Elizabeth...died because of an animatronic I made and named Circus Baby." He said in the same tone and was more clear now but I was still confused. How did it happen? Did the animatronic- oh no..."B-but how?" I asked in a shaky voice. "Circus Baby was designed to kill and capture kids." That was worse than I thought and a deeper fear stroke me. "B-but why, why did y-you design something...like th-that?" He knew I was panicking. He put a hand on my shoulder and continued. "After my younger son died, I was devastated. I didn't know what to do, everytime I went to our old place; I'd see families, having fun and laughing with their children. I was very much envious, I hated seeing them like that. So I did a horrible thing trying to ruin other families instead of raising my two other children. So I created animatronics that would capture and kill kids, but that didn't work either. Elizabeth...was so found of Circus Baby, even tho I told her many times to stay way...you can't kill a child's curiosity so she went to see her when nobody was looking and she was gone. When I came back, there was only an ice cream on the floor and I couldn't find Elizabeth anywhere during the show either. Show didn't go well either, Baby malfunctioned so that was where I found Elizabeth's body... I opened up Baby's chest and th-there she was..." William said in a calm voice until the last part.

William stood up after that, I didn't know he went through so much. It all makes sense why he didn't want to talk about it. William looked towards the door and continued. "I was a mess after that. I was no good to anyone. I couldn't handle their deaths but that didn't mean others could. I had a lot of fights with my ex-wife about their deaths that she settled down on a divorce. I couldn't talk her out of it either and finding out I was responsible for Elizabeth's death and that I would do something as sick as trying to kill children didn't help either. So I decided it was best for me to just let them go and get over them. That restaurant was closed down and Baby's left to rot down there and my wife left along with my older son Michael."

"And that's why you're here all alone..." I said in a very quiet tone, almost a whisper. William turned back to my voice and gave a faint smile. "Yes, you're the only person I've ever gotten close to since all of that."

'I'm the only person?' and 'I'm sorry for asking, you went through a lot.' were both the things I wanted to say yet you could say neither at the moment. All of that was too much take in at once yet all I was curious about. But to think there was a reason why he murdered those children and out of pure jealousy wasn't something I quite expected. It didn't quite sit well with me that he actually did kill defenseless people, it was something I would hate, but for some reason he was still kind to me. Probably because he missed having someone with him, everybody has feelings and tolerance limits after all but that didn't make it right... yet I could also not tell the police about it for the reasons; 1st, me not trusting them and 2nd, yI could not just give away someone who helped me at a time like this.

"Um, (y/n)? Are you okay?" William interrupted after me getting lost in your thoughts for so long. "A-ah, yes. Sorry, it was all just a lot to listen at once which...probably was more tiring for you to go through all of it again. I'm sorry." I told him but he shook his head and sat back on the couch next to me. "No, you got nothing apologize for, (y/n). We agreed and it was only fair for both of us to be reminded of our worst times if one of us were going to. Also, on top of that, I decided to tell you so...quit apologizing so much. I'm glad to have you here. I'm glad I could open up to someone again and that I got to know more about you too." He gave me a smile which looked rather sad and forced but I gave back another faint smile and asked. "Really?"

He nodded in his head in agreement and thinking about it, it actually made me feel a bit more comfortable too. When was the last time I actually felt this close to someone? For years, I always kept bottling up my thoughts and feelings away from everyone because I didn't wanna be a bother to them. I even did the same when I attempted suicide, kept all the guilt for myself to not make others worry more which might have even let others to think I was reckless and just...selfish. So now being away from everyone, although I love them all so much, felt great. Just to get away for this time at least and be able to focus on myself. Maybe this was selfish but I actually felt a little spark of happiness and pleasure this week.

I could just whisper "Thank you." to William. He seemed to be a little confused on why but he didn't question it further. The faint smile stayed on my face for longer but looking a little more genuine.

Maybe I was just glad to have a fresh start in a way.