Chapter Thirty Eight

Amara's POV

It was the night before the wedding, and I currently sat in my bathtub, my knees tucked against my chest.

The water was now cold, for it had been a couple of hours that I have been here.

My gaze snapped toward the door as Mason walked in, not saying a words as he pulled off his clothes and hopped into the shower that was next to me.

I never understood why, but Mason acted like we were a real couple. He would kiss me, get naked in front of me and when he wanted to, we would have sex.

I didn't even care anymore, I just let it all happen. I let him touch me, kiss me, fuck me. I was so numb, it doesn't even matter anymore.

And as I watched Mason wash his body, I pictured myself with a life with him. Kids, Making dinner. Waiting for him to come home, and kissing him as soon as he walks in the door.

Would that life be so bad?

I couldn't help but try to convince myself it wouldn't be. That was the life I'm living now, the life that was ahead of me.

I pulled myself out of the tub, Mason's eyes on me as I walked over to grab my towel, the cold water dripping down my pale skin.

I heard the shower turn off, and Mason stepped out, the water dripping down his body also. When I felt his skin touch mine, I didn't flinch, I didn't move, I just let him kiss my body.

Our naked bodies were pressed together as he pulled me closer, his kisses now trailing on my shoulder.

"I'm not really in the mood Mason." I told him, lightly pushing him off.

"Mhm." He answered, not stopping as he picked me up by my waist and onto the bathroom counter.

"Please." I whispered, the tears starting to fall down my face.

He didn't listen when he pushed into me, making me grab onto his shoulders.

"Please." I whispered again, and I didn't miss the words he muttered in my ear when he started to thrust in and out.

"I love you, I love you, I love you."

And all the words I thought in my head was, I hate you, as he continued to go in and out of me, the sounds of his grunts filling the room.

I even tried to picture Luca, but that never worked. Nothing ever helped me in this situation.

And when he finished, he walked off, grabbing my towel on the way out.

I let out a deep sigh as I got down from the counter, grabbing a fresh towel from the cupboard.

I walked into the room, Mason already lying in bed, waiting for me to get in.

"Are you coming or not?" He snapped at me as I got on my pajamas. I quickly rushed over and got in bed, trying to scooch far away from him as possible.

"I love you." he said to me again, before turning away and going to sleep.