TEN - who are you

Stilinski household

Noah and Melissa had planned a dinner with Thomas that night. A month of giving him space had finally begun to pay off. Noah had been concerned about his son. He was different, no longer the hyperactive kid he remembered.

Melissa on the other hand had been worried for his health. Noah would call her, telling her that Stiles would be gone either early in the morning or late in afternoon, and that he would wake up screaming only for him to be silent for the rest of the night. If he was asleep of not, that was a mystery.

So, the fact that he asked them to call him another name was a large step. It was small, but it was something about what happened.

Melissa had been cooking dinner when screaming was heard coming from upstairs. The two adults shared a look before abandoning the kitchen. 

Suddenly, the screaming stopped. It quickly ended, as if nothing had happened. The adults slowed down and waited outside of Thomas' closed door. Noah glanced at Melissa's curious expression as they pressed their ears to the door. Humming was heard coming from the room.

Quietly, they opened the door and peaked inside. 

Inside, an unknown girl was comforting Stiles- no Thomas.

She was leaning back against the headboard, just slightly raised and rubbing Thomas' head. She was humming a song, lulling the boy back to sleep. When the song seemed to end, she placed a kiss on Thomas' head. 

The girl looked up after making sure Thomas was asleep again before smiling and nodding at the couple

"You're Ms. McCall and Sheriff Stilinski, right?" she asked softly, gesturing for them to come into the room.

The adults' walked in, Noah headed for the seat at the desk, turning it around while Melissa leaned against the wall.

"Yes, that's us," Melissa replied. She pulled her hair behind her ear, confused on who the girl was and her connection to Thomas. He looked calm, peaceful even. More than she'd ever seen since he came back. Probably calmer than before he was taken too. "Who are you? How do you know Stiles?"

"Do you know about Thomas?" 

"Yes," the sheriff replied. He was leaning forward in his seat. It was obvious the girl was close to his son as he was clutching onto her, as if not wanting her to disappear or to see if she was really there. Noah was concerned and wanted to know if he was okay. "He told us to call him that just this morning. He was happy when he told us, as if it was something important that he... finally got off his chest."

The girl smiled as the man had the revelation. She looked down at the boy in her arms and shook her head before looking back at the adults. 

"Have you told anyone about the name Thomas?" the adults shook their heads and the unknown girl smiled. "Thank you for being patient, this whole thing is a mess, but let's start with the basics."