Chapter 20: A Beach Bar

I wake up to an arm around me and my head on a chest. I look up to see and it's Chase.

I remember everything from last night. I remember telling Chase I'm a Lawson. I shouldn't have told him that. But we both had drinks last night so let's hope his sober mind doesn't remember that part today.

"Sorry for last night. I realized this morning that me and Gabe ended up in our room and not his." Nicole apologizes taken the seat next to me on the couch.

I look up at Chase and he's still asleep.

"It's fine. Though I might have outed my last name, last night." I tell Nicole and before she can respond Chase does "You did." I look up at him and he's been fake sleeping. "Don't worry my lips are sealed." He tells me before I start talking.

"Well now since that has been established, come on we need to get ready for the day." Nicole says as she grabs my arms and pulls me out of Chase's hold.

"Where are we going?" I ask while looking through my suitcase. I didn't get to unpack last night because the room was occupied. Neither did Nicole because she is throwing all of her stuff in drawers right now.

"To a beach bar. It's one Hayden likes. Apparently his family vacationed here when he was a child. The bar as been here as long as his parents. His parents came here when they'd vacation." She tells me. "It's a couple of towns over though. I think he said thirty minutes."

I've never been in a bar in daylight. So I really have no clue what to wear. I've been in a bar at night with a fake I.D. So since I have no clue what to where I just put on a yellow sun dress.

I walk downstairs to the guys watching T.V.

"So how do we get in this bar? We're underage."  I ask the obvious question no one has seemed to ask yet.

"It's a kid-friendly bar until five. After five everyone over eighteen can stay. But you can't buy drinks because we're underage. I know the owner. He's expecting us. So we will be aloud to buy drinks." I didn't notice Loren and Nicole standing behind me. He directs his next sentence straight at them two "Stay sober. Please. Mr. Brown hasn't seen me since my last visit. Which was in high school. He's letting us get drinks illegally at his bar. Don't embarrass him."

They just nod and we all head to the car. This time me and Nicole are stuck in the very back. I think Gabe just wanted to look at Nicole ass, as she got in the car because we only needed one person to sit back there. I said I would. Then he suggested Nicole sit back there too. I watched him look up her dress as she climbed in the back.

*
I think Nicole  and Loren thought we were going to a club because they wore very high heels. While I'm over here in my tennis shoes.

"This place looks poor." Loren states.

"No it's just located on the beach and has survived twenty different hurricanes. Mr. Brown wasn't going to keep paying money for it to look like a million dollars every year to just get destroyed by yet another hurricane."

"Does it look better inside?" Chase questions

"Yeah. There's a beach bar area on the beach and then two bar rooms inside. One without a band, that's the restaurant part and one with a band the bar. Let's go find Mr. Brown." He says as we all walk inside.

This place is pretty empty. I guess because it's daylights and it's a beautiful beach day.

"Mr. Brown!" Hayden greets an old man with a biker beard.

"Hayden! How's the family?"

"Good they are working in North Carolina. Dad just got a promotion."