Chapter Forty Three

Warnings: multiple POVs, (so read carefully) also a lot of angst and arguing..

We are only two chapters away to finding out what the condition was for Y/n, stay tuned!!

••••

"Nicole Y/l/n. That's my sister. Check again."

The front desk lady, at UCLA, checked the attendance of students - attending currently. She's been telling me for the past half hour that my sister willingly dropped out of school, rejected her scholarship and hasn't gone back all as of two months ago.

And I kept trying to tell her that - this wasn't my sister at all. She literally eats, breathes and lives college.

"Baby, maybe we should just go find her ourselves." Chris pleaded.

"No! She's here! There's no way - no way...."

Tears were falling from my eyes now.

When I realized that I had to accept that Nikki lied to me, or that someone took her. But I already knew who. And I can't believe I didn't realize before. I can't believe, a week had passed for me to see that my sister had dropped out of school and was missing.

"...there's no way, she's not here."

Chris pulled me in for a hug. And he thanked the last at the front desk as we walked out of the college and back to the car.

**NIKKI'S POV**

"Hell no, I'm not going there." I begged JB. As he stuffed the little clothes I had - into a duffel bag.

"You are. Y/n is worried that you aren't at school, and if you don't fly to the Bahamas to stay with mom and dad. And act like you've been there for some time, she's going to find me. And I don't want her to."

He handed me the bag, and a check with a bunch of zeros on it.

"Your flight leaves in 30 minutes. And don't even try running away because you know what's at risk."

I rolled my eyes. A couple days ago, I was dehydrated and weak, and I was confused as to why JB was actually feeding me, and giving me water as the days passed.

But then this flight to the Bahamas, answered my question. He needed me to look physically well, so no one would question where I have been.

As of two months ago, I've worked for JB. Traveling to different states of the US to negotiate deals. In order to negotiate these deals, I have to dress nicely. And that was the fun part, when two months ago JB took me on a shopping spree. But as I later found out, it wasn't for anything good.

But right now, I'm stuck. If I call for help from my sister, or my parents. JB would hurt them, and I know he would because as I've spent weeks with him, I've found that he was every step planned and ready to go for whenever he gives the order. He's manipulative, greedy, and selfish.

When I got here, my sister's former fling, Jensen, tried helping me out. He desperately tried to speak with JB, persuading him to let me go, that there was still time. And that Jensen could work for JB wherever he wanted as long as he let me go, but JB needed more than persuasion to let me go.

So, there was nothing I could do but allow myself to be sucked into this mafia life in exchange of keeping my family safe.

"Have a nice flight." JB put his hand on my shoulder. I gave him a look and continued walking. Up the stairs I thought of running up and away from this basement many times before.