■ A Thieving Owl and A Pair of Humans ■

• ■ ● - ● - ● -● - ● ■ •

A witch swiftly lands on the edge of the chasm. Before her, stands her nemesis. The monstrous snake looms over her, glowing yellow eyes staring down at her.

"Foolish child." He hisses, "I could swallow you whole!"

The snake bared his fangs at the young witch. She stands up tall, determined to defeat her adversary.

"Do not underestimate me, Gildersnake," She said, holding her staff to the side. "For I am the Good Witch Azura, warrior of peace!"

Her white cloak sways in the wind as they both glared at each other.

It was an intense moment before she crouches down and holds the staff like a bazooka over her shoulder. It begins to load up with magic.

"Now eat this, sucker!" She yells as she blasts magic missiles towards the large frame of Gildersnake.

"No, my only weakness - dying!" The behemoth snake shrieks in pain before finally falling into the lava.

■ ●● ●● ■

"And that's the end." Luz smiled at the principal, holding a mini figure of Azura.

You lean back against your chair. Your snake friend behaved quite well during this ordeal which warranted a pet from you.

All the while Mom, Mrs. Camila and the school principal stared at the both of you in silence.

"...the end of what?" Camila hesitantly asks.

"Oh. Our book report, miss." You spoke up. You barely flinched when the snake bited the mini figure's head.

"I think it went well... " You shared a glance with Luz.

Camila sighs and Mom slowly shakes her head. The Principal rubs his forehead in frustration as he looks at you.

"Your book report is why the two of you are here." He then gestures to the door's window.

They all looked out the door to see screaming students running in the halls with snakes writhing in their hair.

"Oh. So that's where the backup snakes were..." Luz murmured.

"If it makes you feel better, sir. At least they are not venomous." You sheepishly added, earning another sigh from your mother and the principal. 'I am in so much trouble.'

"And what were you two going to do with this?" Camila questions, holding up some fireworks in front of you.

"That was for the Act 3 closure..." You both replied, looking down in guilt.

"Sweethearts, we both love your creativity but..." Mom says, giving you a concerned frown. "... it's gotten out of hand."

You frown and look down, avoiding her gaze.

"Do you remember why you were in the principal's office the last three times?" Camila asks as she places a hand on her daughter's shoulder.