six

A Second Chance

If someone were to ask you what your goal was, you already had a vague understanding of it

If someone were to ask you what your goal was, you already had a vague understanding of it. Ever since the incident with Itadori, you'd decided to get more powerful. After all that, you couldn't bear to see another one of your comrades hurt.

Putting your past behind you, you learnt that you needed to focus on the present. Thrown in a new world, you knew you had to adapt. With that set in mind, you were more than determined when you first heard of the exchange event.

Despite going to bed late, you still woke up early as usual, hints of fatigue evident from your occasional yawns. After finishing your daily jog, you prepared yourself for training, putting on your uniform and a wash for your face. Tightly clasping the container of onigiri with you against your chest, you rushed to meet Kugisaki and Fushiguro.

"Couldn't they put in a few more vending machines?" You saw Kugisaki fuss, leaning down to get her drink.

Catching up to the two, you noticed two others. One of them was a tall man with a muscular build, while on the other hand was a black-haired woman. They seemed to be students from Kyoto Jujutsu High, your rivals in the exchange event.

"What are you doing here, Zenin?" Fushiguro asked, glaring at them as you silently went behind Kugisaki.

"Oh, she's one too?" Kugisaki questioned, tilting her head in curiosity.

"They do seem similar. Are they sisters?"

The woman grinned, playing with her soft hair.

"Call me Mai."

Sneaking a glimpse at the arrogant student, what Mai stated next ticked you off.

"Didn't your classmate die? Was that rough? Or did you think nothing of it?" She continued ridiculing.

"Some things are hard to say out loud, so I'll say it for you."

Kugisaki's face matched yours, both offended and outraged. You could sense that Fushiguro was furious, but he hid it with a poker face.

"Having such a tainted, inhuman beside you brazenly calling himself a Jujutsu Sorcerer must have been revolting, right?"

To your surprise, you noticed Fushiguro frowning, glancing past the man next to Mai who seemed uninterested.

"Mai, don't bring up such pointless topics. I'm only here to see if these guys are fit to take Okkutsu's place," The buff man reminded, taking off his clothes after.

"That's Toudou Aoi," Kugisaki whispered to me, held back by Fushiguro.

As you kept your deathly stare of suspicion at him, what Todou asked Fushiguro next left you bewildered.

"What kind of girl do you like? Depending on your answer, I'll beat you half to death. My type of woman is tall with a big butt."

"My type of girl with a man I just met?" Fushiguro replied, face still stern and unamused.