Chapter 6 - kings, queens, and the irish princess

Harry's POV
As soon as we enter the cafeteria Louis immediately spots Liam. I don't really know how he saw him with all the people but I did notice he had to stand on his tippie toes to find him. That's so cute. I like how small Louis is. He walks over to him dragging me along.

"Liam!" Louis calls to which Liam turns around and smiles at us, "You know Harry right?"

"Yeah of course. How are you two doing?" Liam asks.

Liam looks down and he must see the way Louis is still holding my arm. I should pull away but I'm selfish and I like when Louis touches me. Even if it's just a small gesture. I'm sure Louis doesn't realize but I've definitely noticed how touchy we already are with each other.

"We're good!" Louis answers for the both of us, "We can talk more about it when we got our food, but do you wanna sit with us?" Louis asks Liam but he's looking at me as if he wants to know if that's okay.

I nod as to say 'it's cool with me' but I really don't know why he's asking me for my permission. If that is what he's doing. Louis just smiles at my nod and turns his attention back to Liam.

Liam smirks looking between me and Louis, "Yeah I'd love to."

"Great! Well me and Haz are gonna go get our lunch now."

Liam raises his eyebrows at the nickname looking at me. I smile sheepishly and focus on the ground instead trying not to blush. Louis starts dragging me again and away from Liam.

"Hazza come on I'm starving," he whines pulling my arm.

I last see Liam chuckle at us before I turn to Louis and I can't help but smile at the sight.

"Okay baby lets go," I blush at my own words as they cause Louis to stop pulling me.

I swear I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as like Louis' being a baby. He's being childish, right. Oh god well I either commit to it or I double down and look like an even bigger fool. I'll probably just end up stuttering and blushing again which seems like the new normal around Louis.

I meet Louis' eyes and see that they're dark again. Maybe he likes being called that? Or maybe he likes when I call him that? No, no that can't be it. But maybe it wouldn't hurt to check.

I start walking and once I'm ahead of Louis I ask, "Are you coming baby?"

He whips around to face me and this time I know for sure he's blushing. His face is red and his eyes are wide. His beautiful blue eyes are almost black now.

"I will soon if you continue," I'm certain that's what he mumbled but I don't know why he would.

I can't think about it too much before Louis has walked over to me and we've started heading over to get our food.

"Do you like being called baby?" I ask without thinking.

I throw my hands over my mouth because I really didn't mean to say that. First I can't stop stuttering and now I'm just saying shit with no filter.

Louis only looks amused, "Not usually. You're more of a baby," he than smirks before saying, "I prefer to be called daddy," he winks.

Oh fuck. Did I just feel my dick twitch? I cup myself and adjust my pants because I really don't know what Louis is doing to me.

- :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :)

We finally get our food with the rest of the wait consisting of me doing some more adjustments to... myself. It also consisted of me definitely not thinking about Louis in a certain way. That DEFINITELY didn't happen because than we'd be having a whole situation to say the least. I did force myself to focus on our conversation of skating and I found out Louis can skateboard. Now I have another thing to NOT think about. Anyways we both love ice skating although I had to mention the fact that I fall on my ass every time I skate. He only laughed though and said he'd hold my hand and make sure I wouldn't fall if we ever went skating together. Now that's something I can think about without any complications at the moment.

We get to a table where Liam and Zayn are already sitting. I put my stuff down but don't sit because I'm trying to find Niall. Louis tugs on my sleeve to get my attention. I look at him and my face instantly softens. He's so small and he's wearing a concerned expression. He's probably wondering why I haven't sat down.

"I'm looking for Niall. I'll be right back," I assure him.

He nods and I walk to where I think Niall will be. I quickly find him by the vending machines with numerous bags of chips in both his arms. I hurriedly grab some from him so he doesn't drop any.

"Thanks mate!" he smiles.

"God Niall, you and food," I laugh.

"Excuse me Harold I'll have you know that these are not all for me but are also for our new friend Louis."

"Sure, you keep telling yourself that."

He laughs that wonderful laugh of his and I can't help but join in. I don't really know what I'm laughing at though.

"Come on Niall they're waiting for us," I nod my head to our table.

"They?" he asks confused.

"Yeah, Louis, Zayn, and Liam," I explain.

"That's brilliant mate!"

Niall's always up for meeting new people and making new friends so I knew he wouldn't mind the extra company. We walk back to the other guys where I hear them discussing something music related. Niall steals my seat next to Louis so I just sit to his right instead. Honestly I think that's probably for the best because I don't think I could handle any more contact with Louis.

Louis on the other hand looks upset about the seating arrangements at first but than Niall hands him some chips and smiles and I guess all is forgiven. Niall and his stupid contagious smile. I smile to myself and roll my eyes. God even thinking about it makes me smile.

"So you must be Louis," Niall reaches out his hand.

"And you must be Niall," Louis chuckles grasping Niall's hand and shaking it.

"We were just talking music and apparently we're quite the talented trio," Liam informs putting an arm around Zayn's shoulders.

"Oh is that so?" I ask laughing at Louis lifting his eyebrows up and down.

I've leaned my body forward almost covering half the table. It's not exactly comfortable but if I can see Louis making stupid faces like that than it's worth it.

"Yeah, we can all sing a bit." Zayn answers.

"A bit?" Louis snorts, "Zayn don't think I didn't hear you singing during our smoke break. You have a killer voice mate, don't be modest."

"Thanks Louis," Zayn smiles shyly.

Niall must have been in shock because he finally speaks up, "Lads this is crazy! Me and Harry can sing too!" he yells excitedly.

Louis leans over and catches my eye. I send him a dimpled smile and he quickly leans back perhaps a bit flustered. Probably not though.

"Sick! Do you guys play any instruments?" Liam asks matching Niall's excitement.

"I'm quite handy with a kazoo but that's about it," I answer and receive a laugh from everyone at the table.

Hell yeah, that feels so good. To be here with some mates and not just only Niall. Don't get me wrong I love Niall with all my heart but when I don't have him it can get a little lonely. It's nice to show people that I'm more than just the scary guy.

"Well I don't think anyone can live up to that one Harold," Louis grins.

Niall cackles at that. I see Liam and Zayn look at each other in shock before they start laughing too.

I lean forward and somewhat across Niall, "Can you play anything Lewis?"

"Oh yeah, I can play the piano," he gives a nervous laugh, "a little bit."

Niall just laughs even more but I can't help but melt. I keep a small smile on my face and this time it's not left up for interpretation, it was definitely a fond smile. Louis glances away from Niall with a huge smile on his face and his eyes land on me. His smile only seems to widen when he catches me staring. I look away a bit embarrassed and turn to see both Liam and Zayn are smirking with a knowing look. What do they know? I have no fucking idea.