34: Permission from the best friend

Wait hollup before we go to  the date part I have to insert this

“...min...Jaemin..Jaemin…” Donghyuck continuously shook the sleeping boy’s arm, he bit his lips in nervousness. He is going to tell Jaemin that he is going out with Mark for a while, he feels so scared telling Jaemin even though he is not his mom or anything.

Opening one eye, Jaemin  found Donghyuck looking down, he breathed through his nose and sat up, “why are you waking me up?” he asked, he then eyed the tanned male’s clothes,  he was fully dressed and he had lip gloss on. “Are you going somewhere?” 

Donghyuck slowly nodded and opened his mouth to talk, he felt so nervous because he knows that Jaemin will freak out when he hears about Mark being here inside their apartment. “I’m going out for a while,” he said, his voice low. 

Tilting his head, Jaemin wanted to ask, “with who?” 

Donghyuck played with his fingers and sucked  his lips in before saying, “with Mark”, shit. he saw Jaemin furrowed his brows from the side of his eyes. 

“what? why?” Jaemin was utterly confused, Mark wants to take Donghyuck out? out for a date? I thought Donghyuck hates him? What is going on?

“I…we uhm-...we talked about us...I- he just wants to spend time with me, that’s all” Donghyuck couldn’t form his words, “we will just be fast, I’ll come back early don’t worry” 

“Where is he?” Jaemin lifted a brow causing Donghyuck to look at him with fear. 

He pointed to the door, meaning that Mark was in the living room, still waiting for him. 

Jaemin stood  up and stretched his body, he slip on his fluffy slippers and adjusted his pyjamas. When he was about to leave his bedroom, he was stopped by Donghyuck holding his wrist. 

“What are you going to do?” Donghyuck asked, his grip wasn’t tight, his hand felt soft in Jaemin’s arm. 

The asked male then smiled and said, “don’t worry, I just want to see him”he gently pulled his arm from Donghyuck and left the bedroom with the tanned male slowly shuffling behind him. 

Mark, who was in the middle of day dreaming, smiled widely when he heard a door open. His smile then came down when he saw the person coming out of the room with a serious expression. Donghyuck thn came out too following Jaemin from behind which made Mark smile internally seeing the tanned male  all dressed up and prepared to  go.  

“Jaemin” Mark called, “uhm, good evening” he greeted, only receiving a hum from the latter. 

“Where are you taking Donghyuck?” Jaemin asked, Mark cleared his throat. He couldn’t look directly into the boy’s sharp eyes. 

“We...were just going to maybe walk to-”

“Are you taking him on a  date?” Jaemin guessed, he knew Mark would lie about it. 

“uhm, yes?” Mark nervously scratched his nape while trying to form a smile. 

“How can I trust you?” That's right, how can Jaemin trust Mark after what he has done to Donghyuck, he can’t just simply let his best friend go to some guy who used his best friend as his pretend boyfriend which sadly went downhill after that event he does not want to remember. 

Mark and Donghyuck looked at each other after that sudden question, the tanned male then tapped Jaemin’s back to get his attention. 

“uhm Jaemin, we are not going to take long anyways...we are just-”

“No, Donghyuck...let me speak” Mark interrupted, sighing after, “look, I know I fucked up in the past, I hurt both you and Donghyuck and I am truly sorry for that...I said those because I wanted to be recognized and to also be the talk of the party but I didn’t mean it, I didn’t know that i said something that was too far and offensive for the both of you. I know you, Jaemin, won’t forgive me but I promise I’ll change for the better…” he then looked at Donghyuck with a sincere smile, “and for Donghyuck” he finished as Jaemin smiled and nodded. 

“You better promise that or else you can never ever go near me and my best friend ever again” Jaemin threatened. 

Mark immediately nodded and raised his hand, “I promise”. 

Jaemin giggled and pulled Donghyuck to him and hugged him, he then pushed the tanned male to Mark gently, “okay whatever, you guys enjoy your date”

The two boys nodded and held hands, when they were about to go, Donghyuck’s bedroom door opened, revealing Sungchan who woke up because of the voices he could hear from the other side of the door. His hair was messy and he only had one eye open. 

Jaemin and Donghyuck giggled at the sight. “what’s happening?” Sungchan asked, his voice was raspy. 

Donghyuck let go of Mark’s hand and went to the younger, fixing his hair and the collar of his pajama. The next thing he did made Mark tilt his head with one brow lift. 

Donghyuck tightly hugged him, squeezing him almost, “I’m going out for a while, keep sleeping you dum dum” he giggled and booped the nose of the taller, earning a flinch from the younger. 

He then turned around and faced Mark who was crossing his arms.

“what?” Donghyuck hissed, he glared at Mark and held his hand which made Mark soften. 

“Nothing...let’s go” he simply said and waved goodbye to Jaemin and glared at Sungchan which made the taller one laugh at how  Mark could easily get jealous over a hug. 

Might update again later :3 I promise next chapter is the date ;-;