Ch.7

I rushed to the bathroom, turning the lights on quickly and moving my hand from my mouth as I coughed out onto the sink and there it was, a pile of blood again. They got more frequent even then and I probably already know why. Luckily, William was out once again so he didn't suspect much. I took the painkillers out of the cupboard again and swallowed some in. I don't know if they were actually supposed to help like this or that I made myself believe that they do but it worked either way so I wasn't complaining except for the fact that they were running out.

But the bad news aside, the good news was that you were probably gonna be able to get rid of all my bandages today just had too apply on some lotion from time to time to get rid of the marks. Good luck that William knew a lot about this huh?
-
It had a been about a month and a half since I got fully got rid of the bandages. My limbs were feeling so much better and although my body ached like hell from time to time for other reasons, I got much better at handling them without and painkillers, seeming perfectly okay in front of William.

Speaking of him, the two of us had been living for some time together, huh? I didn't expect for him to let me stay this long after doing so much for me already, well but it wasn't like my search was over anyways; maybe a few more months then done but I had nodes if William would let me stay with him for that long either. Well, he let me stay with him for this long without asking for anything but I just still couldn't help but worrying. I chuckled and thought to myself 'me still being me, huh?' but aside from that we've gotten much closer too, I got to know more about him too and he knew me as well as my childhood friend Yoona or my family would accept for one thing so maybe I'll be able to stay here until the end after all.
-
It had been around two more months of me staying with William. Normally, staying stuck inside a house for so long with nothing to do would get a reaction out of me to get out and maybe just run away from here too but I didn't wanna do that. Most days, even if not any, felt happy...honestly happy. Well, I would still occasionally go on small walks with William so maybe that'd why I didn't feel so stuck but I honestly enjoyed it. My coughing had been much better too; no blood, no throat hurting, just dry coughs of air or eating too fast and getting food into the wrong pipe. Everything has been better and I felt so happy around him, a kind of happiness I felt when I was around my ex-partners, especially my ex-girlfriend Lily before she had to move away into another country and we had to break things off eventually about two years ago. Did I...actually started to have feelings for Will?

Just as I was lost in my thoughts again, I heard the front door creak opening and Will was back. He moved onto leave the shopping bags onto the kitchen counter. "No hello or welcome back?" He chuckled out, seemingly in a great a mood. "Ah, yeah, welcome! Sorry I just got distracted a bit." I said in a a quiet tone yet loud enough for him to hear. "Again?" He asked, as if he was trying to tease me but then continued on. "Anyway, I was wondering if you were up for a small walk to the park nearby?" I nodded. "Sure, I haven't gone out in like a week anyway."

We got out after a I changed into a hoodie, pulling up the part to cover my head put on a mask to not be noticed in the public. There was a good gamble between people not caring at all since I've been gone for so long and it was hopeless to try or people to recognize me quicker because I've been missing for so long and it was worrying. I'd go with the first but it wouldn't hurt to be cautious.

It was around 6 pm, so it was starting to get a little cold but perfect for me; feeling the cold breeze hit my skin kept reassuring that I was right there, enjoying the moment. It was a short walk since the distance was only a few meters away from the house but we kept walking around the park for about half an hour too.

Then we sat at a bench away from the ones others sit. I looked down  on my feet and start humming a simple melody like the ones you'd hear any person who feel rather cheerful that day. Will seemed to noticed that too. "You seem to be in a good mood." I pulled my head up to look at him and nodded. "Mhm! Things have been going well lately, well, at least I feel so." He smiled, keeping up his good mood too. "Really? But it seems like something special happened today to get the pleasure of seeing you like this." His face froze after that and he looked down but I continued. "Hmmmm...nope! Not really, it's just that I like spending time with you."

He looked back at me with a surprised face. "Huh?" I guess it's time. I took a deep breath and focused on him, looking directly into his greyish cold blue eyes and spoke up. "Will, there is something I think I have to tell you." He looked even more confused but still nodded his head. "Sure, go ahead." I took another deep breath in and let it out. "I think...I'm in love with you. All the time we spent together, I felt so much happy; especially compared to before, It was honestly rather rare for me to feel this happy and pleased...so, I think I grew feeling for you. I know this is very sudden but I thought I still had to tell you."

There. I said it. Even if he rejects, I'll be okay. If he finds it weird and decides to kick me out...well, it was the time anyway. He looked... flabbergasted? If I had to put it in words, he looked shocked but not quite and not in disgust, just pure shock with a hint of confusion. "Y-you do?" He was really surprised and looked almost dumbfounded. I didn't say anything, I just nodded and now I was a bit scared. He made a sound like he was clearing his throat but it sounded fake and then he also took a deep breath in and said it. "I, do too. I knew there was something about you or rather something that made me treat you differently. I was only taken away by the shock saying you didn't care if you died...which has a completely different effect on me now but still I didn't wanna get...rid of you to save myself and later on there was a desire for you to stay with me but I only noticed they were actually romantic feelings about a months ago. I didn't tell you anything in order to not to scare you off though."

This time I was flabbergasted. The shock crept up to my face but turned into warm smile quickly and I whispered. "Really?" He shook his head. "Of course, really. I haven't felt like this towards a person for so long, it has been years to be able to tell you about myself and I still wanna know everything about you, (y/n)." I couldn't say anything or rather, I didn't need to. My face said it all. I moved closer to him as he took my hand into his and draw me even closer to him to pull me into a hug. A second later, he lifted my chin up to make our eyes meet. My expression didn't change a bit, then we got even closer and melted into a kiss. I would make a thousand wishes just make this moment last forever.