Ch.9

Warning: a small mention of dereality, it's nothing serious but I don't wanna trigger anyone so please be careful.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Come on, wake up! Fuck, what the hell happened?!" William screamed as he saw them lying unconscious on the floor. He shaked (y/n) but they didn't even flinch, their eyes didn't even twitch. Then when he hold their hand, he noticed something; some kind of liquid on his fingers, blood. He looked at their body, especially their cuts but none were bleeding. Then he noticed some blood trailing off their mouth. "This is bad." He whispered to himself. "I have to call an ambulance." He rushed down stairs and pick up the phone but then he remembered what they told him about the cops looking for them and abusive relatives. If he called the ambulance, they'd probably find their whereabouts but he had no other choice. This was urgent and they had to be in the hospital quickly, he could just find a way to talk them out or take (y/n) away somehow if that's what he needed to do.

He dialed the number and informed the emergency with his address. The ambulance was there shortly and took (y/n) away as William followed behind while trying to tell himself that 'it'll be okay and they'll save (y/n).', he was told to wait outside when he arrived. (Y/n) was taken into intensive care and didn't come out for hours, William was getting worried more and more each second until a voice came from close by. He lifted his head up and it was a doctor, she told him that (y/n)'s situation was getting more stabilized and could be moved to a regular room soon.

He sighed in relief before she told about the bad "news". He found it out. As much as (y/n) feared, he still found it out. (Y/n) had a progressive chronic disease and now only had a week left to live. She added on, as if rubbing salt into his wounds, if they were quicker to care of them, there was a chance (y/n) could be saved or at least live a for a bit longer. He couldn't hold himself, he bursted out into tears as his breathing progressively got worse. He couldn't even speak, there was a chance to save the only person he had? But now it was too late?

It all became too much for him to take in as the doctor led him to outside take a breather. However, she had to leave to do her work. William stayed there, for a bit more longer in the same state until he could at least get his breathing back on the rhythm. He went back inside, still crying but there was nothing to do. He waited for hours for (y/n) to be taken out of intensive care but it took all night and he just ended up passing out.

The next morning when William woke up with a headache, he saw a woman and a man speaking to the doctor he had talk to yesterday. He was about to jump out of his seat and rush to the doctor to see how (y/n) was but before that, he heard footsteps coming through his way. It was the duo that was talking to the doctor as the woman spoke. "Are you Dave Miller by any chance, mister?" Right, Dave Miller. The name he had given out to hide from his past even here. But William nodded as the woman continued to speak. "We heard you brought out child (y/n) to the hospital and oh, thank you so much. They went missing a couple months ago and just couldn't be found until this point and I- I, was just so worried that something happened to them. Thank you so much, sir." The woman said as she tried to hold her tears back.

But their child? Didn't (y/n) say their parents were gone? So who were these people? They couldn't be the relatives (y/n) talked about, right? As he was thinking, he heard a weeping nearby; it was to woman who's presumably (y/n)'s mother. She was talking to the man next to her, who was also likely to be (y/n)'s father. "Why, why?!" The woman screamed as the man tried to calm her down and remind her that she was in a hospital. The woman kept speaking, her voice more toned down as she struggled to get the words out of her mouth. "Wh-why did we have to get to see them only when they have a we-week left?" The words hit William like a gunshot in the head and on the chest again. "Why did they have to run away?! There was a chance they could be cured or at least live a longer; even if it was small, the possibility was still there...so why?!" The woman shouted then leaned onto her husband's chest for comfort; she just couldn't stop her tears and nobody could blame her for it.

But what she just said just kept repeating in William's mind that he felt everything fade away, just those words repeat in his head until a voice cut it and snapped him back into reality, it was the doctor who had been taking care of (y/n). "Hello, I just came here to inform you that (honorific) (l/n) has woke up." All three of the turned to her in instantly which seemed to take hee by surprise. "Their condition is stable for now but nothing seems to change, I'm sorry but there's not much we can do at this point." (Y/n)'s mother was about burst into tears again but then the doctor continued. "However, you can go see them now. Two people at most at a time, please." After the first sentence William instantly moved forward but then realized, those were their parents. He turned around and asked. "I'm sorry, but is it possible if I go into see them first?"

Both of them nodded as the man spoke. "Of course, I didn't know you were familiar with them but since you brought our child back to safety in an emergency; we owe you this much." But William wasn't sure if he meant it, maybe he was just trying to find a way to calm his wife first and this gave him time.

-
William took a deep breath in and entered. The hospital door creak opened and as he looked around and spotted (y/n), sitting on the bed and looking around. "(Y/n)!" He rushed right towards the bed.

I turned my head around as I recognized that voice easily, William. I gave him a bright smile. "Hello, Will. I missed you." He rushed over and hugged me as I felt something wet drail down the back of my neck, tears. "Are you okay? I was so worried! When I got up and saw you lying on the floor like that! I- I-!" I put my fingers on his mouth to make him stop. "Calm down, yes. Yes, I am fine. Don't worry!" But that seemed to just make him panic even more. "H-how?! I just found out that-, and I-!" He bursted into tears, he couldn't even make up proper sentences but it seemed like he found out about my illness. I kept hugging him until he really calmed down. I'm sorry that I lied to you, Will but I had no other choice back then and well, there's nothing that can be done now.

"So...you really...got only a week left to live?" He immediately shut his mouth after saying that as if he was cursing himself. "Mmhm." I nodded. He got up from the bed turned to me, his face was in disbelief. "But why didn't you tell me anything?! I could be more careful a-and we could have come here faster then we could have a cure! The doctor said if you were treated earlier there was a chance that you could live longer a-and even survive!" I shook my head and replied. "But that was only a small possibility and I didn't wanna spend the rest of my life in hospital rooms. I wanted to...live what's left of my life, I really wanted to live it not just survive; even if it was for a short while."

I took a deep breath in. "But my close ones wouldn't let me do that so I ran away, I had no choice. You do understand, don't you?" Will shook his head aggressively and looked at me with his cold eyes that would usually look dead but now was filled with only one emotion, fear. "No! No, I don't! Why? Why?! A small chance is still a chance. We could have been together but now I'll lose you so quickly? Why?!" He lowered his head as the room went into silence, only William's loud breaths could be heard.

"We wouldn't have even met if I didn't run away that night." I said in a deep tone. I didn't want to resort to this but it just came out of me. I was right but it was still not nice to blow it up like that. I just wanted him to understand me... I just wanted to be understood. William just stared at my face, I felt really guilty; I'm sorry. He just kept looking at me and shook his head from side to side, he was left speechless. As then a voice came from the door; it was the doctor assigned to me here, Dr. Lewis. "I'm sorry, Mr. Miller but your visiting time is up. (Honorific) (l/n)'s parents really want to see them too so if you could..." He nodded his head. "Yes, of course." Then he left without saying a single word to me. About 10 minutes later, my parents came in and I spent about another 10 minutes trying to calm them down and explain myself as well.
-
William headed out of the room and eyed the exit. "I guess there's not much else I can do." He took in a deep breath and left the hospital.