◇ Prologue ◇

■■■

~ ◇ ~

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭."

.
.
.

You were used to hearing that phrase whenever Luz hangs out with you. Normally, you would hear it from your peers and occasionally from your teachers.

But you couldn't blame them for thinking that way.

After all, the both of you are polar opposites of each other.

With a bleak outlook on life and almost antisocial behavior, people could call you cynical and a punk. You don't even bat an eye at that.

Meanwhile Luz is optimistic and friendly to everyone she meets. Though, her odd fascination with fantasy - stories and witches would weird out your peers, leaving her isolated.

Although to be fair,  that's how the start of your friendship.

Though, that's not the only thing you two have in common. Turns out, trouble seems to follow wherever you guys go.

Which landed you two in this situation.

~◇~

It was a normal day at school. 

Well, as normal as it gets if you include the room full of screaming students and the dozen of snakes causing mayhem. 

Two teens stood in the front of the room, watching the chaos. The girl mutters, "Well, this got out of hand." 

"You don't say, Luz." The tall boy deadpans, glancing at her with a raised eyebrow. That earns him a glare from his best friend. Her glare immediately shifts to a panicked gaze as she notices something in the corner.  

"Uh... [Y/n]?" Luz said, pointing at the teacher. 

The only authority figure in the room, the teacher, was currently screaming as she stands on top of a table. A hissing pile of reptilian rage piled around the desk, hissing hatefully at the teachers.

The boy glances in the direction of the teacher and huffs. "On it."

One of the reptiles lunges at the teacher, opening its jaw to bite her. The teacher screams, closing her eyes. Luckily before anything could happen, a scarred hand grabs the snake in mid-air and pulls it away from the teacher's desk. 

"Nope. Not today, bud." He mutters, holding the snake tightly in his grip. "Still need an A plus for this..."

The teacher glares at him, her hair in a frizzled mess and her glasses askew. "You two are in so much trouble!" 

The snake hisses as it writhes violently in his grip, trying to escape. The boy shared a worried glance with Luz. The same thought ran through their minds. 

Well, shit.

.......

Author's notes:

Here it is! Thanks to everyone for waiting and being patient with me.

This is just the start of the book and it will be filled with more lore for the characters especially [Y/n].

Hope you guys enjoy!

Also some swearing, mostly from [Y/n]

[Zarg]

•■□■□■•