Chapter 6

(Goki's POV)

I took a deep breath. It's time to finally fight Lord Beerus! Beerus flew over at me and tried to punch me. I bent backwards and dodged his punch. I grabbed his arm and threw him away. I rushed at Beerus and punched him in the stomach, sending him back a bit more.

Goki: Ha! What do you think about that one?

Beerus recovered and disappeared. I felt his presence behind me.

Beerus: That one wasn't great.

I turned around and tried to hit him. Beerus grabbed my arm and chopped my arm. I grunted in pain. I grabbed one of his big ears and shouted into it. Beerus kicked me away and started to rub his ear.

Beerus: That wasn't very fair!

Beerus dashed at me and kicked me in the stomach. I got sent flying really fast. I started to focus and I stopped myself. I looked around and I'm above a city. I saw Beerus flying at me. I flew away from him. Beerus caught up and tried to hit me. I blocked the hit and went to kick him. He also went for a kick, causing our kicks to clash and sent a shockwave.

Beerus: You've probably gotten used to you godly power by now. Tell me, how is it?

I flew back to get some distance from Beerus. I looked at my hand.

Goki: I don't really like it.

Beerus: Oh, what do you mean?

Goki: I didn't achieve this power on my own. I needed help from my friends to attain it.

Beerus: Aren't you glad that your friends help you reach this power?

Goki: I am grateful for that. It's just that I know that there is a level of power I can't achieve on my own.

Beerus: And that limit disturbs you?

Goki: Yeah. It does!

My red fiery aura started to blaze again. I flew at Beerus and gave him a flurry of punches to his stomach. I kicked him on the side of his head, sending him to the right. I went after him. I'm starting to get the hang of this new power. Beerus disappeared from my line of sight.

Goki: That won't work again!

I turned around and punched. I hit Beerus's chest. Beerus wrapped his tail around my neck and tightened his grip, trying to choke me out.

Beerus: You're getting cocky!

He brought his tail back, causing me to spin around in place. I felt Beerus kick me in the side, sending me flying.

Goki: That one hurt a lot.

I said to myself. I noticed that I'm near a cliffside, next to a huge lake. I saw Beerus about to punch me. I punched at him. Our fists clashed, the resulting shockwave broke the cliffside. The huge cliff went down and crashed into the lake. Me and Beerus flew down and we landed in an underground cave.

Beerus: You know, you saiyans are quite prideful creatures.

I cracked my neck.

Goki: You're wrong about saiyans. It's Vegeta that's obsessed with his pride. But he will swallow his pride if it means protecting the ones he loves. He would probably do some embarrassing dance to do it.

Beerus stood there and thought to himself.

Beerus: That's quite the mental image. So he's kinda like you, like how you swallowed your pride to use your borrowed power, I suppose.

I chuckled and rubbed my nose.

Goki: Yeah that's pretty much it.

I stretched a little. I can tell the real fight hasn't begun yet.