New Immunity

Bela is the eldest of her sisters. The most behaved and reserved one, which earned her more attention from their mother.

She knew, all this time, that she and her sisters were worth almost nothing if their mother did not care for them. She also knew they were not family by blood, rather they were just created because their mother wanted to have children of her own.

She accepted that fact, that she is a monster only created and without a childhood.

Blood was their sustenance, they were like vampires. But Bela didn't believe in vampires, because she knows the truth in their creation and study.

She had always been the smarter one in their small group of three, excluding her mother, of course.

Her and her sisters cannot be hurt by physical attacks. Well, they can, but it doesn't hurt them as much as the cold.

And that's always why during winter, the castle is much, much warmer.

Bela didn't mind her life as a failure. Because she knows, in her mother's eyes, that she is not. Their mother loves them as much as they love their mother.

And that's true.

But when Bela started to get bolder, leaving the castle even during winter, something unusual happened to her.

She noticed, that when she dared going outside on the balcony during the snowy season, that she did not crack.

Yes, crack. Her skin turns paler than it already is when she gets exposed to the cold, not to mention how the flies that hold her body together also die of hypothermia.

But tonight... It did not. The blow flies did not die, and her skin did not crack.

Nothing happened.

It was just cold, and she felt normal.

It's said that when people are dying of hypothermia, they feel warm before they collapse or close their eyes to no longer wake up.

But that didn't seem to be the case because when she returned back to her warm quarters, she felt... Just fine.

So, with her new discovery, she tells her mother.

Her mother seemed surprised, but somehow believed her without needing proof or anything similar to that.

So, with that said, her mother called and informed Mother Miranda of her new mutation.

Her mother asked her about it on multiple occasions, but she only shrugged them off.

She didn't want to disappoint her mother by telling her that 'oh, I always sneak out during winter at night to hang out with lady Beneviento'

That would be strange and would spark questions between the two houses.

Besides that, Alcina, her mother, seemed happy for her.

...Until Mother Miranda said that she chose Bela to assist her in things.

Things because her mother was vague about it.

Bela was nervous, of course, because she's never thought that something like this would happen over some... Immunity to the cold.

She doesn't know why the deity called for her, of all people.

So, with that in mind, she decides to go along with it.

She still has respect for the deity, of course, but it's hard to talk with someone your going to be acquaintances with for God knows how long when you've barely even conversed in the first place.