Chapter 13 - Uneasy Feelings

"My son..." Chityakanta cupped Vaibhav's face and pulled his head down before planting a kiss on his forehead. Watching the completely devoted mother and son pair all the officials and other people's eyes become moist. Even some wives and daughters cried witnessing the scene. Everyone knows how much Chityakanta loved the second prince though she did not birth him but she doted on him more than the current emperor who is the real son of her.

Nandini walked closer near Manik and stood by the side before whispering in his ear while Manik gave a nod. After few seconds Emperor's guard loudly announced the audience to enjoy the feast with food and drinks.

"I still can't believe my eyes, you can stand on your own now" Chityakanta find it hard to adjust the emotion she was feeling. How long it has been that she has seen Vaibhav walking towards her calling his name? Now today it really happening, and the witness is her own eyes.

"Mother, look at me. I can stand on my own. I don't need to rely on anyone nor I need any support" Vaibhav replied grinning widely.

Chityakanta nodded wiping her tears "but...the disciple said..." She shook her head "how this happened. Tell mother everything"

Vaibhav paused "uh...this is something we know as miracle" then he laughed nervously "may be the poison effect removed that's why the ability comes back" his eyes paused on Nandini.

Manik frowned at him then his glance swapped towards his wife while Nandini was also turned her head and meet his gaze. Both stared at eachother.

"Are you trying to fool me, young man?" Chityakanta raised her eyebrows not believing Vaibhav's words. Vaibhav was in critical situation. He don't know how to respond. He couldn't expose Nandini and now he don't have answers to give to his mother.

Just as Chityakanta about to say something again Manik interrupted "it's better to celebrate the joy we have right now instead of returning to the past and ruin the moment"

Vaibhav heaved a sigh of relief then hold Chityakanta's hand "mother, the feast has not started yet. Let's enjoy it first"

Chityakanta was too happy to deny the offer. After all today is day she got the biggest surprise. Finally her son recovered from the problem that hunting him for years. She happily let Vaibhav lead towards the dining area.

Watching them leaving happily Nandini smiled. Manik turned towards her "are you going to just stand smile my empress?"

Nandini was startled for a moment "oh ..after you your majesty"

Manik walked towards dining area without saying anything and Nandini followed silently. The feast become more lively and enjoyable. But in the certain part of the palace the current situation is worse.

Shattering sound started the maids guarding Lily Palace entrence. Inside the room Kashmin threw another cup on floor. It was the 7th cup she broke in few minutes.

"How could this be happened?" She turned towards the maid kneeling on ground "what you said is true?"

The main on ground trembled but forcefully answered "yes, what her highness heard is all true. Everyone in the feast hall are shocked and the rumours already started to spread. The second prince has recovered from being a cripple"

Hearing it Kashmin couldn't contain her anger and threw the 8th cup harshly again. How could he suddenly recovered from the problem. It has been years that he was known to be cripple for life but suddenly he is cure. He is cured means she have to accept the fact of her marrying the second prince soon.

Kashmin's heart started to beat faster. No, she couldn't accept it. She is in love with the Emperor so how can she let herself marry the second prince. Being the emperor's wife and being a prince's wife has heaven to hell difference. She can't accept it. Vaibhav being cripple was the excuse for her to delay the marriage but now that he...