30

"i might be home late," jaemin's mom said as she came down to the living room, where eunha and jaemin were chilling.

"are you sure you don't want me to drive you? we can go together after i accompany eunha." asked jaemin once more.

"actually, jaemin can just drop me off at the hospital and send you over to his father. i don't mind going alone." said eunha.

"no, i won't do that. but i can accompany you and send mom-"

"no worries, you two." she cut off with a laugh, "enjoy your day together, okay? don't worry about me, i'll be with your father."

"alright. i knew i can't win against you," jaemin said, opening his arms wide as his mom then dive into his hug.

"don't damage the car," she said jokingly.

"that sounds worrying," eunha joined their laughter.

"don't worry, i'm a very good driver." reassured the only man in the room.

"i know you are. i'll get going now." said his mom, waving goodbyes to her son and eunha, giving a peck on each of their cheeks before leaving.

"take care!" said jaemin before the door closed.

"what time do you want to go?" asked jaemin, peeking at the clock which showed it was few minutes reaching 7.

"after everyone is in school already. we wouldn't want other students to see us skipping, right?" eunha joked.

"oh hell no i wouldn't want that. we still have a lot of time left, then." he replied, sitting on the couch as he stares at eunha who was looking around the living room.

"do you want a house tour?" asked jaemin, standing close to eunha as he joins her in looking at the picture frames hung on the wall of the living room.

"you're willing to give me one?" joked eunha after nodding.

"we have a lot of time in our hands," jaemin laughed.

"your sister is cute," said eunha, as her index points to a frame of a family of three - baby jaemin, toddler jinhye and their mother.

"mom took us to a park that day. of course i don't remember anything from it. but she said she really had a hard time because i couldn't stop crying and noona were upset because of my cries too," he shared.

"how did the day end?" she asked, turning to look to the boy next to her and noticing he was smiling while staring at the picture.

"ice cream stains on noona's shirt and me still crying." he replied. the two laughed out loud to his response.

"you actually look similar to your sister," said eunha out of the blue.

"that sounds like an indirect compliment to me," jaemin teased, "thank you for saying i'm cute."

eunha rolled her eyes jokingly as she let out a small laugh. a slight tint of pink flushed into jaemin's cheeks, feeling embarrassed of his sudden confidence before changing their topic, "okay i'll start my house tour, now!"

jaemin unconsciously sounding like a kindergarten teacher triggered a little alter and within a few minutes, she responded "yes oppa!"

"haeun?" he quickly adapted to the change in intonation and voice, "how are you feeling, haeun?"

"no, haeun is still sleeping. my name is eunjae." she said.

"eunjae?" said jaemin, confused. but he then noticed the difference in tone between haeun's and eunjae's and said, "hello eunjae! i'm jaemin-oppa."