12.

Hi! Thank you sm for 8k reads! :))

a song I think fits this chapter: I Will by Mitski

"I thought you said no chapter this week" I was feeling motivated!

I wanted to show you guys to see how he viewed her so I wrote this chapter. Sero's party is next week I've kinda been stalling on that.

Enjoy the chapter! <333

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Izukus POV

I opened the door to the cafe only to be greeted by Emery's cold stare. She didn't roll her eyes at me nor tell me to leave anymore so I think that's a step in the right direction.

She had her hair in a mediocre ponytail and her edges were done. She had her sweatshirt tied around her apron and as always, she looked beautiful.

"Not telling me to leave anymore?" I smirked.

"That would be useless considering even if I told you you wouldn't leave."

"Touché."

I pulled out the rose I was hiding behind my back. It was yellow this time because I did my research.

She started at it with a blank expression, "Mina!" She yelled.

When I went to their apartment I'd see Mina had a vase of the flowers I brought Emery in her room. She took care of them and made sure they didn't die.

I considered Mina one of my closest friends. Whenever I'd come over Emery and I would cook and then after I'd let Mina mess with my hair while we talked about manga and other things.

Emery would stay locked up in her room after we finished cooking. I always wish she would hang out with us but I could tell she didn't feel comfortable around me.

"Izuku, why'd you bring flowers now?" Mina whined, taking and admiring the yellow flower, "They'll die before I can get it to the vase."

"It was a gift to thank Emery for taking care of me last week."

I looked at Emery. Her eyes were on the floor, she didn't have an attitude, it was just her regular 'resting' face.

I don't know why but I wanted her to look at me. I craved her attention and the fact she was looking at the floor and not at me was upsetting.

"You should bring me flowers next time, I'd actually take good care of them." Mina nudged her in the arm jokingly but she only returned a small smile.

"Do you want a cake pop or something Midoriya? I'm sure your group of friends are waiting for you." She muttered.

"My friends are busy today. I came here to ask you if you were going to Sero's party tomorrow night?"

I tried to make eye contact with her but she kept turning somewhere I wasn't.

"N-"

"What do you mean no!" Mina invited herself into the conversation, "You told me you would!"

"I don't have any fancy clothes." She replied, making eye contact with Mina.