chapter twelve

YOUR POV:

It was late, well past one in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I kept tossing and turning over and over again. I let out an exhausted and frustrated huff, my mind running a mile a minute.

I couldn't get Chloe out of my mind. She liked me, at least that's what Beca said and why would she lie? My heart rate spiked at the thought of Chloe having feelings for me. But I don't know.

I rubbed my eyes and shook my head, feeling exhausted but not being able to sleep. My phone buzzed on the table next to me, the screen brightening and lighting up the room some. Reaching over I grabbed my phone and unplugged it from the charger, seeing I had a new text message from Chloe.

Chloe: When you get the chance, can you come to this address?

My eyebrows furrowed at the address and when I clicked on the highlighted text, my breath stopped and everything was silent. It was the address for the nearest hospital.

I had never been out of bed so fast, pulling up my sweatpants that had fallen and grabbing a sweatshirt. I made sure I had my wallet just in case and I snuck out of the college grounds.

I made it to the hospital as quickly as I could and walked up towards the large oval desk. The nurse behind the desk looked up at me over the rim of her black glasses.

"What can I do for you tonight?" The blonde asked.

"Chloe Beale. I'm her girlfriend." I lied through my teeth, not knowing if they'd let me up to her room if I said I was a friend considering visiting hours were over.

"Room 47. Second floor." She smiled. I thanked her and took the stairs two at a time since I had a fear of elevators.

When I made it to her room, I peaked in through the window to see that the ginger was still awake. I gripped the door handle as my heart thumped widely against my chest.

CHLOE'S POV:

"What's wrong? What happened?" Y/n came bursting into my room and it started me some. I hadn't expected her to come so soon.

"Calm down, I'm okay. My throat hurts so bad because I have... I have.." I sniffled.

"Chloe, what? What's wrong?" Y/n looked at me so intensely, moving closer to the bed as she grabbed my hand.

"I have nodes."

"Can it kill you?" She asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged, "Would I get more sympathy points if I said yes?" I grinned.

Y/n laughed and the corners of her eyes crinkled, "Nice try, Beale."

I giggled, "You know I didn't think you'd come."

Her hand squeezed my hand and whether or not it was on purpose, it made my heart flutter.

"Course I'd come. You sent me a hospital address with no context. I thought something happened." The corners of her lips pulled down into a frown.

"Well thank you for coming right away. I haven't told the others. I'll tell them in the morning."

"Okay." The rockstar said, pulling her hand from mine gently and rubbing her eyes. She looked so adorable and my heart ached for her.

"You must be tired. Come on." I patted the spot next to me on the hospital bed.

Y/n looked hesitant at first, glancing at me and then back to the spot a few times. I gave her a reassuring smile and that seemed to help her relax. She climbed into the bed next to me, being careful as she went. When she was finally settled her body was curled around mine and we both molded together perfectly.

I couldn't help but let out a content sigh and I realized that we had never cuddled. We'll, properly. Sure I'd wake up from a night of us fucking to be curled on her chest, but other than that, nothing.

"What are you thinking about?"

You. I mean what else would I be thinking about.

"Just wondering if I'll still be a good singer." I lied.

"Course you will. You're Chloe fucking Beale. You'd find a way because you're too stubborn to give up." Y/n mumbled softly.

My cheeks heated up and I'm glad her eyes were closed so she didn't see.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

Y/n hummed and her breathing evened out until she fell asleep. I curled into her chest a little more as best as I could and she wrapped an arm around me since she was on her side. She pulled me a little closer and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

YOUR POV:

"I brought you some breakfast." I smiled, coming into the room with a tray of hospital food. Chloe's eyes lit up when she saw me.

"Thank you."

I hummed, setting the tray of food in front of her and took a seat in the hospital chair, "So what exactly are nodes?"

"Vocal nodules. They sit on your windpipe and crush your dreams." She said dramatically.

I laughed, shaking my head at her, "You're cute, Beal."

Chloe gave me a cheesy smile before she started eating her food. A few hours later the rest of the Bella's ended up showing up and Aubrey seemed stressed, making herself sick worrying about Chloe.

I snuck out of the room and Beca followed.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Get some jello. They have some really good jello."

"How'd you even know she was in the hospital?"

"She texted me last night." I shrugged.

Beca smirked and grabbed herself some jello and I grabbed a few cups for Chloe, knowing she liked the red flavor.

My sister looked at me and all the jello I was holding and I could see the corner of her lips curled up into a smirk. I caught onto the vibes and shook my head, "Don't say what you want to say."

The brunette held her hands up in defense, "I didn't say anything."

"But you were thinking something. Look Bec, I'm not ready."

"Because you're scared? Or because you know that Chloe wouldn't cheat on you?"

"The plan is to get the fuck out of here and move to L.A. right?"

"Well, yeah but-"

"But nothing Beca." I said, turning on my heel before she could say anything else and walked back to Chloe's room. I'm sure my face was anything less than happy, but I didn't care to hide my scowl.

I set down the jello on Chloes table, her eyes following me the entire time and her perfectly sculpted eyebrows furrowed like she knew I was gonna leave.

"I'm gonna go. But I can come back later if you want me too." I stuffed my hands in my sweatpant pockets.

Chloe frowned, "I should be released today."

"Just in time for the riff off!" Aubrey beamed. Chloe gave her a half smile before she turned back to me.

I nodded, "Just text me I guess."

Chloe opened her mouth to say something but I left the room before she could, not wanting to be there anymore with all the noise.