016

Elias Black was extremely confused. After their visit to London, his father had been looking at her guiltily, James had been treating him like a ticking time bomb, Remus had been acting worried, and Lily had been giving him pitying looks. Elias just wanted to know what the actual fuck was going on, so she decided to go to the source.

Sirius.

"Dad?" The boy said softly, slowly creeping into his room.

"Yes son?" Sirius responded.

"Is anything wrong? Everyone's been acting distant. I'm just confused. What's wrong?"

Sirius knew he had to come clean. His relationship with his son may be on the line! But the way his son spoke made him want to cry. He was far too kind for his own good. He was too selfish to hurt him. So, he lied, yet again, and stated oh-so-convincingly,

"Everything's fine. Don't worry."

"Alright. But guess what dad?!" Elias exclaimed.

"What?" Sirius asked, pushing down the guilty feeling in his chest.

"It's Christmas!"

▲▼▲

Pureblood culture was special to the Wizarding World. It was as traditional as it could get. In the past, it included the hating of Muggleborns, or Mudbloods as they were dubbed, Half-Bloods, and Blood Traitors. Half-Breeds and Squibs were also included in their hate list. Women were expected to stay at home, take care of children and run their households. While men were supposed to work and make all of the decisions. Things were only good for you if you were a pureblooded, heterosexual, male.

Overall, it was a sexist, racist, and homophobic place. Not fun.

Cassiopeia hated all of its traditions. Except for one.

Yule.

While some Pureblood and Half-Blood households started to celebrate Christmas, others chose to stick to Yule. Cassiopeia was a part of the latter group. Yule was the only thing that Cassiopeia carried on in her Pureblood lifestyle. Decorating a Yule tree, giving back to nature, and thanking the Goddesses and Gods for all that they have done were some of her favorite parts of Yuletide. So, having her birthday and her favorite on the same day overjoyed the girl. And this year, she would be spending it with her best friend. (a/n: I looked it up, and Yuletide is a range of days while Yule is one day. I don't know its exact day, so I just made it the same day as Christmas. If anyone knows anything more about the holiday or want to correct me, please comment or DM me. Thanks!)

Luca.

Speaking of the boy, Cassiopeia suddenly felt a weight on her chest,

"Cassie! It's Yule, and your birthday! You're 16 now!" The small boy yelled, extremely excited.

"I know Luca! Happy Yule! Now, are you ready to go open presents?" Cassiopeia asked, letting out a small giggle when Luca ferociously nodded his head yes, practically jumping off the walls.

Grabbing his hand, Cassiopeia tied her hair up in a knot with her wand and followed him down the stairs of the manor. There, she saw the Yule tree with loads of presents under it, most of them were Luca's, but he didn't know that yet, and her black cat Freya wandering around the house.

"Cassie, close your eyes," Luca demanded.

"Alright," Cassiopeia said, her voice filled with confusion. What was that boy up to now?

After some shuffling nosies, Luca started to talk again,

"I know it's not the best, but I tried my hardest. I really did! It's just-" Luca started rambling about something before Cassiopeia interrupted him.

"Luca sweetie," She said, "can I open my eyes?"

"Ok!"

As she opened her eyes, Cassiopeia swore her heart melted a little. The sweet 11 year old had spent the time making pancakes for her. As her eyes filled with tears, she pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you," she muttered, her voice muffled by his uncut hair. She had never gotten a special breakfast on her birthday before.

"Of course Cassie, now, can we open presents?"

Wiping away the tears that escaped her eyes, Cassiopeia let out a laugh and started walking towards the tree. However, not before saying,

"I'll race you there!"

▲▼▲

Yule was enjoyable for Cassiopeia. She got a stunning necklace from Narcissa, a "Guide to Fixing Your Love Life," from Draco (That prick!), a dress from Theo, some Honeyduke's chocolate from Ginny, a handmade card from Luca (which she immediately went and hung on her wall), a collection of popular muggle books from Hermione (which consisted of "The Picture of Dorian Grey", "Pride and Prejudice", "Wuthering Heights", and "Little Women"), and about 15 love letters from Potter. Luca teased her for the last gift.

And of course, she didn't get anything from her mother. Cassiopeia should have expected it by now, but every year, it still stung a little. Why did her mother hate her so much?

However, the last gift didn't have a name on it. It was just a lovely silver ring with some very detailed engravings on it. Cassiopeia wished she knew who it came from, it was stunning. However, she had an idea of the gifter, but her brain was debating it.

"He hasn't ever sent a present!"

"But maybe he did!"

"If he did, then why wouldn't he leave a note?"

"..."

"Exactly."

Oh Merlin, she was overthinking it. Sighing, she picked up her gifts and turned to Luca.

"So," Cassiopeia said cheekily, "wanna play hide and seek?"

✿✦❤︎ She Speaks! ❤︎✦✿

Not my dumbass thinking I posted this on Wednesday🤚

Sorry guys!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed!

As always, my DM's are open if you need anything

word count: 909