CHAPTER - 49

Stefan took me to his studio where I got to meet the people who he usually works alongside,his team,the producer and everyone and this is the first time he introduced me to someone outside family as his girlfriend clearing the doubts in my head about our relationship status. I'm at peace in my head but I still have a whole bunch of questions about Alice and I also wanted to know why he didn't call me and what kept him so busy that he chose to stay away from me.
...............

It's almost dinner time and I'm helping the househelp in setting the dinner table and Sarah who happens to be Eva's nanny was trying hard so that Eva would finish her milk but she wouldn't.

"There is only so much left,Com'on have it",Sarah said almost touching the tip of the glass to Eva's lips.

"No,I don't want it",she said.

"Have it Eva",Sarah was a little stern this time.

"No",Eva said.

"Baby,have it then you can go play",said Sarah trying to be a little more patient this time with the kid.

"I said no.Don't you understand?",Eva pushed the glass away from her face onto the ground and the milk spilled all over the floor,the glass reducing to pieces.

"Eva",I almost yelled and ran as fast as I could.Eva didn't wear her slippers and she got hurt by a piece of glass on her sole.I sprinted towards her and made her sit on the chair and was trying to remove the stuck piece of glass.Eva by now is in a mess crying at the top of her voice as I struggled with all my might to remove the glass.She kept moving and turning her toes which was making my job all more difficult.

"You know what today at the grocery store,I met a girl and she was same age of yours, her name was Tina and she didn't go to school. She said she doesn't like going to school and then you know what I said?",I asked as I removed the piece finally and I was successful in distracting her from the pain.Oh my!I didn't know that I was so good with kids!

"What did you say?",she asked innocently looking into my eyes.

"I said that she should learn from Eva who goes to school every day",I smiled,wiped her tears.

"What's wrong here?",Stefan came out of his room, descending down the staircase.

"Eva pushed the milk glass away from my hand and then it splashed on the floor,she wouldn't drink her milk no matter how hard I try",Sarah spoke.

"Eva",I knew this would get him on his nerves."Is this the way you behave?Who tells you that you have the right to misbehave with our workers......hmm?"Stefan comes closer to us.

"Stefan, we can talk about it later, Eva is hu.....

"No, don't speak, I saw you smiling at her and I don't encourage this sort of behaviour towards anyone.This is not the first time she is doing this,she does this everyday.She doesn't eat her food properly, wouldn't follow a single thing that I tell her, misbehaves with our workers and today she has crossed the line and I'm not gonna put up with this shit anymore.
You, didn't your mother teach you manners?She always bragged about how well she raised you but then this is the way you behave",he looked straight into her eyes.Bringing up her mother would only make matters worse and he shouldn't have done that.

"But then she never yelled at me like you",Eva said timidly and tears welled up in her eyes,she got up from the chair and sprinted towards her room crying.

"Apologize to Sarah, right now",Stefan yelled but she paid no heed.
"What's the blood?",he asked pointing towards her bloodstained footprints.

"A piece of glass hurt her",I said as I turned around sprinting towards Eva's room.

Stefan stopped me,"You're telling this now?"

"I tried earlier but you cut me.You know what she is not gonna eat tonight too.Thanks to you and why did you have to bring her mother up?Was that needed?",I asked him furiously trying hard to control my tone and then wasted no time in waiting for his reply,I turned around and got headed straight towards Eva's room.

That kid was in a crying mess.She got hurt and then Stefan scolded her too and now I guess probably hurt by Stefan's statement about her mother and is missing her even more.

After a few seconds,Stefan was in there too.

"Eva, princess, are you alright?",he spoke softly.

"Go away.Kritika,ask him to leave.Please, I'm so scared",Eva burried her face in the pillow not wanting to even see him.

"Princess,please listen to me",Stefan came closer.

"No.Please go away",she started crying even louder.

He just stood there for a while.He looked devastated,looked like someone who has lost his most precious possession but in this case his daughter was not even close to being his possession.He stood with a blank expression for a few moments and then signalled me to take care of her to which I nodded and the he left.

"Eva, he is gone. Look at me".

"Do you think what do you did right there is right?",I asked."Just imagine if you want gift someone and if the person just throws the gift out of your hands,does that feel good?"

She looked down searching for words.

"It is wrong. I'm sorry", she said.

"You need apologize Sarah",I cupped her cheek and smiled.

"I will",she said.

Clearing my throat I began,"Look Eva,Stefan is your dad,he loves you and he wants the best for you.What happened at the hall was all because he wanted you to be in your best behavior,but he did it the wrong way.I think he deserves a little chance from you, we are all humans and all of us deserve second chances."

She remained silent.

"It's dinner time and you being a good girl should come with me downstairs,Com'on".

When we went downstairs,the family was always seated in their respective chairs.

"I'm gonna feed little Eva today",April came forward.

"No",Stefan said sternly.
"She will eat herself and from tonight no one is gonna feed her, she needs to learn."

"Come with me", he took Eva in his arms and placed her on the chair."I'll teach you how to eat", he said and showed Eva how to hold her spoon and how low she had to bend.She even followed his instructions without creating any trouble.
..................................................................................................