Why Didn't You Tell Us?

After the kids go to sleep, the group of adults sit in the living room so Lizzie can explain what happened while she was gone.

Steve and Bucky already knew that the timeline is messed up because there's absolutely no way that this happened the first time around.

They hope that there won't be any more changes. Maybe they can still keep everything on track from this way out as long as they keep their head down.

That's when Lizzie drops the bomb on all them.

"I want to save him," Lizzie says.

Bucky should have seen it coming. There is no way that she would ever let someone she cares about suffer. However, he knows about the implications of what she's suggesting and he doesn't want to risk it.

"No," Bucky says firmly.

"Yes! You were ready to abandon your kids to take down hydra 24 hours ago so why can't we do it now?" She asks in frustration.

He knew that he was wrong in choosing to go after hydra but he was driven mad by grief. He wanted his vengeance and damn the consequences but now he knows how destructive that would be.

"I shouldn't have even considered doing that, I know that now. I know if he was here, he'd be telling you the same thing," he says.

She knows he's right. He as well as told her that before he put her on the boat home.

Steve feels like he should intervene before the argument escalates.

"Lizzie, I know we already messed up the timeline but that doesn't mean we can change everything now. Our decisions have consequences and we don't know how they will influence the future," he says.

Lizzie knows that they need hydra to make the Maximoff twins into what they were but The Winter Soldier wasn't even with hydra at that point.

"Well what if we didn't take out hydra?" Lizzie says.

They all look at her in confusion. Isn't taking out hydra what she's been arguing for this whole time?

"Jaime was The Winter Soldier so he knows all the missions that he was on. The next mission he is on, we take him. Once we get him out, I can bring him out of it like I did before and then he can go into cryo. I guarantee he would prefer to be in cryo with us than with hydra," she says.

They all think about her plan. Peggy and Steve both think it has promise but Bucky is still adamantly against it.

"It could change too much," Bucky says.

"How? You really weren't needed until the fight in Wakanda. If you weren't around, you wouldn't have been framed for the bombing and you wouldn't have fought against Tony in Germany," she says.

"We needed the bombing and the fight to happen in order for T'Challa to offer me asylum in Wakanda. If I don't go to Wakanda, then I never get the trigger words out of my head," Bucky says.

Lizzie knows that he needs to be fixed in Wakanda. How can he get there without what happened in Germany?

"We tell T'Challa the truth," Lizzie says.

They all are confused on what she is suggesting they do.

"What?" Steve asks.

"From all the stories of heard, T'Challa is a kind and reasonable man. If you tell him the truth of the past, he will help you," Lizzie says.

"How do you know that he will believe us? It's a pretty outlandish story," Steve reasons.

"You're telling me with all the technology that Wakanda has, they wouldn't have found out how to make an advanced polygraph machine? Once he finds out that you saved his father, you know he will help you," Lizzie says.