Chapter 9 : Rise and Shine

"Hi

"Hi....." I said and hoped to God it did not sound as weak as I felt.

"Hey, where are you now? Are you busy?" And I felt my legs turn to jelly at the sound of his voice.

"I'm in the dorm now and no, I'm not busy....do you also stay inside the campus?" I asked curiously and also in hopes of starting a conversation.

"No, I actually rented out an apartment with five of my close friends."

"Oh..." I let out a yawn accidentally.

"Were you sleeping? I'm so sorry if I woke you up... I had a call from the hospital at the restaurant, that's why I had to leave suddenly and I just got home." He rushed out.

"It's totally fine, trust me. And I am not even sleepy so you really don't have to apologise. "

Liar.

"Thank God, anyway you didn't tell me what major you take till now."

" I take Eng Lit, I spent a lot of time reading "

"Ahhh, so we've got a little nerd over here"

"Right and the guy who takes Med isn't?" I bit out sarcastically.

"Now now, there's a difference between being incredibly intelligent and being a nerd,Raps."

I snorted." Someone's cocky."

" I'm not cocky love, it's called being confident of your skills"

My heart fluttered at the nickname.

"Yeah, you're not cocky at all and did you also know that NY boyfriend is Rhysand?"

"Can you blame me for being a bit cocky? I mean look at me-" There was a slight pause and then he burst out

"Who the hell is Rhysand?!"

"My boyfriend. Duh "

"What?! Where the hell is he now!? When did you two start dating ? Is he-"

"Don't get your knickers in a twist, Mr. I'm-so-perfect. He live in Prythian and no, that place doesn't exist and he also has a mate" I said gloomily.