■ An Abomination Of a Plan ■

• ■ ● - ● - ● -● - ● ■ •

"Well, Luz and [Y/n]..." Eda smirks. "Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?"

She then gestures to a corpse of what seems to be a giant slug. You and Luz stared in horror and disgust at it.

The giant slug was starting to decay and was surrounded by heaps of trash and junk.

"I. Don't. Like. This." Luz slowly shakes her head.

You groan and cover your nose with your shirt. '... I woke up early for this? I even left my jacket behind.'  

"Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug." Eda says as she steps into the slug's corpse.

"It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside..." She then throws aside a rubber chicken she found in the slug's mouth.

"Until, BLAM! It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate." She pulls out a pickaxe and holds it out to you.

"Please don't make me..." Luz pleaded with wide eyes.

You stared at it and slowly backed away. "Nope, not doing that."

"Aw, come on, you two." King said as he walked away.

"It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass." He then lays down a blanket onto the beach.

"Ah, nuts to all of you." Eda said, moving over the trash slug. Both teens cringed and closed their eyes when Eda swung her pickaxe at the slug.

"So, Eda..." Luz starts but quickly closes her eyes again when a glass shattering noise rang out.

You sigh and crouch down, looking away from the giant corpse and opting to fiddle around with your knife.

"What if we tried some new lessons for our apprenticeship? Like..." She cringes when another glass bottle shatters again.

"Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or‐"

"Ugh. That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff." Eda said, throwing away a broken phone and continues to rummage through the slug's mouth.

"Wait. Is there a magic school here?" You asked, looking back up at Eda and putting away your knife.

"Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life, kind of magic school?" Luz excitedly asks, clasping her hands together.

"Mm‐hmm. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the proper way." She puts air quotation marks on the word proper before turning around.

"But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful."

"I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?" Eda smirks and gestures to her surroundings. Flies and heap of trash and junk, with the added bonus of the trash slug's corpse behind her.

You raised an eyebrow, giving her a look of disbelief while Luz looked down.

"Uh..." She looks off to the side and notices something.

"Hey, here's a lesson. A great witch is resourceful, like this." She walks up to the teens and grabs their hand. She then dunks it into some dirty water.

The slimy texture of the water makes you both gag. When you felt something in the slime, you grabbed and immediately pulled out your hand.

"Oh, hey. Greasy slime ball..." Luz weakly said, looking at the slime ball in her hands. You squint your eyes at the small copper - like coin you got from the slime.